Monday, May 30, 2011

Craft Night with the Girls!

When I was little I remember my mom going to church for "craft nights."   I specifically remember this wooden Rudolph craft that she made around Christmas (it was extremely nerdy, but at the time I thought it was so cool! HA!) Fast forward 15 or more years and I have this great idea to get some friends together and have a "craft night."  My sister-in-law and several friends are so crafty and artsy, and I enjoy being creative, I just need some help.  =)  So we decided to have a girls "craft night" at Sarah's house and all make this wreath that she had on her front door.  The wreath is covered with those flower "rosettes" so part of the craft was learning how to make those.  This was exciting because those are really popular on headbands and bows for little girls (and they sell for big money on Etsy) and now I can make them for Brynn all by myself!  

Well...craft night was a success!  We had a BLAST, but we can definitely already tell who are the "real" crafters of the bunch...and let me tell you, I'M NOT ONE OF THEM! HA!  Heather, Jen, and I are definitely the needy ones of the group!  In less than an hour, I SEVERELY burned my left middle finger with the hot glue gun, got paint on Sarah's table cloth, and painted the wrong side of the letter for my wreath.  (No joke...I'm bringing safety goggles and a first aid kit to the next craft night).  We also blew a fuse in Jason and Sarah's house, but Jason fixed it right away.  =)  Despite all the mishaps, we laughed like crazy, ate like crazy, and CRAFTED like crazy!  And now we all have super cute wreaths on our front doors.  =)   

All the girls around Sarah's table

Thanks Jason for taking such a great picture of me...HA!  Look how serious I look...little do I know I am painting the WRONG side of the letter...and I'm the kindergarten teacher in the group???

Jen,  me, and Kelly

Ansley had fun watching all of her mommy's friends get crafty!

Heather and I show off our final products...we are the least crafty of the group so we have decided we will be in charge of "puff paint t-shirt and hair scrunchie" night.  =)

Not everyone was finished quite yet, but we had to take a group shot. 
Who would have thought 15 years ago that a nerdy wooden Rudolph would be the catalyst for a super fun girl's craft night??  Maybe someday Brynn will look back on her mom's craft club and want to start her own.  I'll just have to tell her to make sure to bring band-aids and a first aid kit!

2 comments:

  1. It was SO FUN! I'm hoping my night goes as well...I'm nervous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those wreaths are super cute! show me how to make one? also, i died laughing at picture #2, where it looks like a miniature ansley is sitting directly on your head, LOL. thanks for breaking up my workday ;)

    ReplyDelete