Monday, May 2, 2011

Ryan's Triathalon

On Sunday Ryan, his brother Jason, and their friend Matt competed in an area triathalon.  I don't know the distances of the swim, bike, and run, but I know it wasn't a crazy long one.  Still...Ryan hasn't been able to work out nearly as much as he wanted to (or normally would), partly because with a newborn I pretty much forbid him to set his alarm for 5:30 AM like he normally would.  We already get less sleep...why make it even worse by hearing that horrible alarm sound go off early!  AHH!  Anyway - he still did a great job and the boys had fun competing.  Us girls and the kids (wow...that's funny to write...I'm now apart of the crowd with kids!) had fun watching and then we all ate the post-race meal together and hung out.  Brynn pretty much slept through the entire thing, but I'm sure she had a blast.  HA!

Good job Daddy!  I slept through it all, but I"m still so proud of you!

Here are Ryan and Jason after the race.  These boys are pretty competitive...and Jason wanted me to
make sure everyone knows he BEAT Ryan this race. =)

Proud Daddy!

Jason, Ryan, and Matt...and can I just say "pardon the dorky shorts they are wearing."  Sorry boys, but I think those biking shorts are so embarrasing!  At least the picture isn't so up close...HAHA!

Matt and Kristi's little guy Alex...I never got around to taking a picture of us girls.
I wish the "no-working out in the morning" rule would last...but they are training for a bigger triathalon in Memphis (that's at the end of May), and I doubt that's going to happen.  But on an exciting note...we are planning on leaving Brynn with Grandma (that sounds bad...we are excited to leave our daughter? ha!) You guys know what I mean...I know it will be hard and we will miss her, but we will only be gone one night, and I think it will be so fun to go out to eat, stay in a hotel (I don't care how dirty the bathtub is...I'm planning on taking a LONG HOT BATH in that thing), and sleep all night long not worrying about hearing the baby monitor go off! =)  WAHOOO!

1 comment:

  1. That Memphis trip sounds like lots of fun!! Oh...how nice a full nights sleep is when you have a newborn!!

    ReplyDelete