Saturday, June 13, 2015

Trail of Tears / Kayaking

The next day, Saturday, Ryan had his work course from 8 am till 6 pm, and my parents had been wanting to take the girls to Trail of Tears to try out Grandpa's kayak.  The weather was perfect and we had such a fun day out at Trail of Tears!


Brynn was SO EXCITED to try out Grandpa's kayak in the "real water" and she just wanted to make sure he knew NOT to tip her over!



She even helped paddle and they had a big time!


Then little crazy wanted a turn...watch out Grandpa!



They didn't go too far, and Emory did pretty good!



Grandma wanted a turn...


After we all took turns kayaking, we drove through the park and stopped to walk and hike a little.  When I was little we walked out there a lot, and my favorite place was always going to visit Princess Otahki's gravesite, from the Trail of Tears.  We took Brynn to see it.


Then we walked to a picnic shelter area and the girls got to play on the playground for a while, before we walked down to the Mississippi River...


This girl is always up for some fun!


We had a BLAST!





We had a picnic lunch and then headed back to kayak a little bit more...





We had SO MUCH FUN!  I am just loving being outdoors these days...and its so fun to take the girls to experience stuff like kayaking and hiking!

When Ryan had some time later that evening he hung up our new valence...thanks Granny! 


1 comment:

  1. Whitney I don't always comment but I love watching the girls grow and seeing all the fun things you all do. Love your family(we are all extended family) and I would love to go to TRail of Tears. My ancestors walked that trail, on my Dads side

    ReplyDelete