Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Rainbows and Grocery Stores

The girls and I were taking a walk the other day after it had rained...and we saw a BIG beautiful rainbow!  They were SO EXCITED!




Pamaw and Papaw have some really cool riding toys...and I wish I had the next picture of Emory but it will not load..  Boo...you should see her face.  She DOES NOT like to share and she was showing it!


My parents were out of town on a trip and we went over a couple different times to water their plants...while Ryan was watering the girls were begging me to turn on Grandma's bubble machine.  They LOVE that thing!


Oh Emory...sweet as can be one moment, and already in the terrible twos the next!  HA!  Thankfully, already having a child has given me perspective and I'm enjoying her SO MUCH...craziness or not.  She can light up the room with her silly smiles!  She can talk with the best of them now...it's amazing how much she says.  She's SO TICKLISH!



But let me say, as much as I enjoy her, I still don't really enjoy our weekly grocery runs.  Brynn is amazing to take, but Emory is in that not fun stage at the store.  She wants EVERYTHING and doesn't mind to let the whole store know when she's mad about it.  AHHH!  When we check out the checker is always like "ma'am, do you know this bag of Cheetos is open?  Ma'am, do you know your box of grapes is open?  Ma'am do you know these mini-muffins are open?"  YES!  I'm trying to survive your grocery store!  HA!

Usually we run to Aldi first, then head right next door to Walmart Market.  The other day I seriously just let her yell for 5-10 minutes because I refused to open a bag of M and M's for her.  She went nutso.  I told Ryan if that would have been my first kid I would have probably left the grocery store in tears...being the second kiddo I just looked at everyone who stared at me and said "sorry you have to listen to this but I'm not giving in and I'm not opening the M and M's."  They mostly just laughed and said "yep, I've been there!"   Oh the joys of parenting.


And now sadly, I'm off to do our weekly grocery run...LORD PLEASE HELP ME!  =)

2 comments:

  1. Brace yourself, but you're doing great momma! Been there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's economy has most people looking for ways to save money. For most, grocery shopping trips are a major expense. Supermarkets are minefields
    of temptation. However, with a little planning, grocery shopping costs can be reduced considerably without sacrificing the quality of food on the
    dinner table.
    grocery stores

    ReplyDelete