Tuesday, June 9, 2015

LANDSCAPING!

One of the big projects we've tackled this spring is LANDSCAPING!  I just LOVE being outside and we were so excited to work on our yard and start adding some flowers and plants!

Here's a BEFORE shot...although I don't think I've ever taken an AFTER...ha!


Someone from Sunny Hill (a garden center in our town) came out and helped us make a plan and kind of "designed" it.  We looked up all the plants and decided there were a few things we didn't like or wanted to change or add, and then on a free Saturday we all headed to Sunny Hill to pick everything out.  


They had some fun toys for the girls to walk around with...thank goodness!



The girls had lots of fun looking at all the plants...and they were lots of help!  (NOT!)  HA!  Actually, Brynn did like help picking stuff out but Emory was just all over the place!  HA!


Mr. Paul was SO SWEET with the girls and so helpful!






As soon as we got home I was so excited to set the stuff out where it would go!  It already was looking better!  HA!







Ryan had to work for several more days working on making a big rock barrier and putting the stone in the flower beds, and getting everything planted.   He worked SO HARD!  (Let me tell ya...the girls and I planted just a few of the smaller things to surprise him one day and I was tuckered out!)  But it was really so nice and the weather was really beautiful and we enjoyed our time outdoors planting!

How could you not have fun when you are doing this???


We also got some fun planters with ferns for the front door...



LOVE our plants and flowers!  Thank you Ryan!

3 comments:

  1. The planters by the front door are my favorite! That is a lot of plants to be putting in, so I'm not surprised that you would have gotten tuckered out after one shift. What sort of plants did you end up getting and how did you end up choosing them? My mom had some landscaping work done a long time ago and I remember her picking out the plants she wanted in the front yard too. http://www.landscapeexpertsal.com/gallery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to encourage them to fly by my yard and eat at the neighbors) Softfall

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to garden, but I had never thought about making a plan for the entire house. That was such a good idea, and I'm glad you included it in your post. The front door looks so inviting with those planters, and I will be looking for some that will fit our home. Thank you for sharing, and I'll think of you as I work outside.

    ReplyDelete