Friday, August 8, 2014

July Catch-Up (in August)

I was getting ready to label this post "July Catch-Up" and then realized it's already almost ten days into August...WHAT?  Wow...this summer has FLOWN by!  Well, even though it's August, these are some random pictures from some of the fun we had back in July.  =)

At the beginning of July my cousin Erika and her kiddos came and visited for a week.  We went to my Aunt's house to see them and swim and play.  We had the most hilarious time trying to sing and harmonize...it sounded terrible and we laughed harder than I've laughed in a LONG time!  HA!



Brynn and Ebby Lee had lots of fun playing together...



One of my close friends (and definitely my spiritual mentor as a young mom) is our worship pastor's wife Sonya.  She celebrated her 40th birthday and her husband coordinated a huge surprise party.  She was SO SURPRISED!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONYA!


LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE GIRLS!


We played a "who knows Sonya the best" game and these guys were in RARE form...by the end of the game we were like "okay, these older choir members here at the party are going to want to kick us out of church!"  HA!  I believe they were modeling their "duck face" in this pic...


Then the karaoke machine got busted out...and Heather rocked it!


We still haven't sold our house yet, but we have about two showings a week.  Those are really fun...NOT!  We keep our house pretty clean, but at the last minute we are always straightening, vacuuming, mopping, etc.  Brynn is a GREAT helper and she LOVES to help vaccum!


I posted this on Instagram and it was my most "liked" picture ever (which isn't really saying much considering that only means it got like 40 likes...HA!)  But we were over at my parents one day and my mom and I must have been out running an errand.  When we came back, we walked in and saw this.  We could not stop laughing!  Ryan is SUCH a great dad!


The funniest part is that he had out the instruction booklet and was trying to follow exactly what they said to do...spray water, roll the roller, etc.


And the next time we were back at my mom's house he went upstairs to find the doll and got it back out to check how well the hair "curled".  I believe his response was "I think it would have done better if I had rolled it a little tighter.  I'll do that next time."  HAHA!


Playing with little buddies at VBS.


We always have lots of fun outside and lots of fun at the nearby park!



We were out walking on the bike trail one night and our realtor sent us a text and asked us if we could show the house the next day.  Here was Ryan's response...


We've had some pretty yummy summer meals...this was the second time I've made stuffed peppers with quinoa.  It's pretty good!


We love going to the park and we have several that are close.  Recently, we've been walking and riding our bikes on the trail to a new school playground.



Her new favorite activity at the gas station is washing the windshields...


July was a pretty great month!

No comments:

Post a Comment