Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Big Girl's Trip to Dallas

A couple of weekends ago we took a special "girls trip" to Dallas to visit my cousin Erika and her family.  Emory got to stay home with Ryan, and then Brynn, my mom, my aunt, and I all loaded up and drove to Dallas!  We left Thursday morning and got there right around supper time.  Erika had some yummy Mexican food for us, and then we got to do some "science" experiments...HA!  (But first, Brynn and Ebby Lee raided the dress up drawer).


They mixed up different colors and then made Volcanos with baking soda or something.





We headed to bed late that night and after some fun bed-swapping (Brynn really wanted to sleep in Ebby Lee's bed with her, but by 10:30 she and Ebby Lee were still giggling.  I went in to tell them it was time to go to sleep and then Brynn decided she should sleep with mommy. HA!)  Brynn and I ended up on the bottom of Nixon's bunk and I think my aunt and Nixon were on the top bunk.  I have no idea how we ended up like that, but at 6:45 I could hear Nixon up.  Now I am a morning person and I like getting up early, but I think the main reason I like the morning is because it's my time by myself before the girls are up.  Well of course Brynn woke up and all the kids were ready to party at 6:45 AM...YIKES!


A sweet high-school girl came over and watched Ebby Lee, Nixon, Bowen, and Brynn, while me, Erika, my mom, my aunt, and Marla (Erika's mother-in-law) went out for brunch, shopped till we dropped, and got pedicures!



When we got back, the girls had fallen asleep watching a movie.  Once they were up we got ready for dinner at a yummy Mexican place.


Sweet girls...and their moms (below).  The Shull family came for dinner too and it was fun seeing them again!  Then we headed back to Shay's house (yes THE Shay from Mix and Match Mama!!!) and got to take a tour.  We got to see it when it was in the framing stage back in March, but now it's finished and it is GORGEOUS.  Shay gave me some advice about the "building" process and we had so much fun watching the kiddos swim while we all visited and hung out.  We had cupcakes and homemade ice cream and enjoyed the beautiful night!  (And Shay had been wanting to try some of my cookies so I took some over and they were a hit!  YAY!)


Saturday morning the kids were up early again and we rode bikes and took a walk to a nearby park.


We headed to the mall for lunch, and the kids even got to go to a movie with the grandma's while Erika and I did some shopping.


That night we had a BLAST surprising Erika with a little birthday party.  She was SO NERVOUS that we were blindfolding her and taking her somewhere where a bunch of people would see her.  (We were really just going to Marla's house...but we had been swimming in their pool that afternoon so we didn't look very cute.  Erika kept saying "well, I'd be more nervous but Whitney, you don't look very good either so surely we aren't going somewhere where a bunch of people will see us! HA!)




Marla (Tab's step-mom) is a party planner extraordinaire and even though it was just a small little thing, she had such fun decorations and we all dressed up.  It was so much fun!



Tab and I drove around with Erika while everyone else went to Marla's to get ready to "surprise" Erika...when she walked in she was a bit relieved it was just "us."!  HA!








 HILARIOUS!  After it was dark, Marla even made some kind of glow in the dark balloons and the kids had so much fun playing outside!


We got up early Sunday morning and headed home.  At least I had good reading material...


Even though it was a quick trip, we had such a great time!!!!!  Brynn's first "big girl" trip...hopefully the first of many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment