Sunday, June 1, 2014

Grandpa Pictures and the Memorial Day Where I Lost My Mind...

Most people think Emory looks a lot more "Pingel" than Brynn.  I definitely think she favors my Dad and his baby pictures.  She loves her Grandpa!






My dad has been working really hard on his backyard.  In the fall he built a really cool pergola over their back patio and this past week he's been working on painting it and making a walk-way with brick pavers...we headed over to see his progress and it is looking great!  Brynn LOVES to jump on their trampoline or swing and Emory was loving hanging out with Grandpa and Daddy!



This past Memorial Day I officially lost my mind...HA!  We headed to my Aunt's house in Zalma (about 45 minutes away) and enjoyed grilling out and swimming.  We were planning on driving home around 2 and knew the girls would both fall asleep in the car.  We figured we'd just enjoy a leisurely drive home and check out some houses and drive around until 3:30 or 4 and then get ready to my friends house for a BBQ.  When we got out to the car, I realized I had left my phone in the car all morning, and when I went to check it I had about a million missed calls and a bunch of texts from my girlfriends saying "are you guys okay?  Where are you guys?, etc."  Turns out, the big BBQ bash we were planning on going to later that night was ACTUALLY AT 11 and we were already THREE HOURS LATE!  We got there around 3 and the party was still in full swing.  We enjoyed hanging out with our friends for a couple of hours before everyone headed home, but still...I still have no idea how I thought the party was at 5 or 6!!!

Here are some pictures from swimming at my aunt's house...it was Emory's first time in a swimming pool and even though the water was a bit FRIGID, she didn't care at all!




I did NOT want to get in any deeper than this...IT WAS COLD!


Brynn wasn't a huge fan either...she loved running all AROUND the pool, and liked throwing all the pool toys IN the pool, but she didn't really want to get in much herself. =)


And these next pictures don't have anything to do with Memorial Day but the other day all the girls were playing at Pamaw's house.  She has so many fun toys and the girls love riding around on the bikes, scooters, and cars!!


Usually Ansley drives and let me just say, Sarah and I are a little afraid for when Brynn and Ansley are riding around in a REAL car!  HA!  We are IN TROUBLE!

And look at this next picture...CRACK ME UP!  I guess maybe Brynn thought Charli was a crazy driver?


HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!  Hope you guys actually attended your Memorial Day BBQ's ON TIME!  =)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the masses!!! Emory looks like her grandpa!! And...that story is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete