Monday, June 23, 2014

GULF SHORES - Day 2 - Shopping/Go-Cart/Crab Hunting

The second morning (Wednesday morning) started out a little dreary so we all headed to the outlets and did some shopping.  Around 11:30 it really cleared up, so the boys all decided to head back and swim and took Brynn back with them, and my mom and my sister and I stayed and did a lot of fun shopping!

Being silly...





Later that night we headed to get seafood and it was really yummy!


And then the real fun began (insert sarcastic voice)...GO CART TIME!
I didn't know what to expect.  She used to like rides, but it seems like lately stuff like that scares her.  She didn't want to do any of the little "kiddie" rides at "the track" (you know those places with the go-carts and kid rides, etc.) but said she wanted to ride the go-carts with us.  I figured it would probably be okay since she got to ride with one of us.  She was tall enough at least...


So she said she wanted to ride with "Aunt Winz" and so they got ready to get in the cars.  It was the biggest go-carts (those were the only ones she could be a passenger in).  She was all silly in the line and walked down to the go-carts, but as soon as they started the cars up and they were all loud, she LOST IT.  They were trying to strap her in with the seat-belt and she was screaming "I don't want to go!  Get me out!"  My sister was looking at all of us like "uh, oh my gosh, what do I do?"  HA!  The other people in the go-carts were probably like "somebody get this kid off so we can ride!"  Ryan came to the rescue and I figured he was just going to go get her out, but he switched places with Lindsey and she let him strap her in and ride with him.  She never really looked like she was having fun, she kind of had a somber face every time they rode past us, but Ryan said she was asking him to go faster so I guess that's good.  HA!  When they got done we were like "do you want to go again with Mommy?"  And she quickly said "no, I just gonna watch you guys!"  I think I see a long time before more go-cart riding is in her future...



After Ryan and Brynn, me, Lindsey, and Curt had a turn...


I haven't ridden a go-cart in a long time, and it was pretty fun!

Then we headed home to go crab-hunting...Brynn was much more excited about that.  =)





We brought a Doc McStuffins head lamp from home...perfect for finding crabs in the dark!









Lindsey actually found a TINY one, but that's all we found.  Still lots of fun enjoying the beautiful beach at night!


It was just GORGEOUS...there was a HUGE moon and it lit up the dark water.  It was really just such an amazing sight and so fun and relaxing hearing the waves.  My "photographer" hubby took about a gazillion pictures...I've narrowed it down to just a couple...you are welcome.  =)




Isn't that amazing...it almost looks "light" in the these pictures, although it was a dark night, and then this beautiful huge moon.  Great ending to a fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment