Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our Christmas Decorations - 2013

Hopefully this time next year we will be in our new house...so as we were putting up decorations this year we kept saying "this is probably the last time we will decorate in this house!"  I wanted to take some pictures to remember what Christmas looked like in our first home!


If you don't see your Christmas card up here, don't be offended.  I ran out of clothespins
and I'm going to get some more to finish hanging all our cards up.  I'm thinking I'm going to leave them up
for at least the next month...we love looking at them every time we eat.!




Our advent candles and Nativity set...and a really cool ad from TV...HA!



Our poor "B" ornament tree is pre-lit and the middle section of lights went out a couple of weeks ago...awesome.  I bought this tree last year from Hobby Lobby after Christmas and was 80% off, so it was like $15!  But when we brought it up this year I realized it was just a little bigger than I thought.  We need to get some more B ornaments.  Brynn had a couple of B ornaments on her tree and so I went in and grabbed them because I figured this tree needed them more than her little one.  When she saw them on the B tree she kept saying "my tree has those too!  That cool! We match"  HA!  Thankfully she never realized they were missing from her tree...



Brynn's crazy tree...
I'm thinking that once we move, if we have room, we will have a kid tree upstairs that has all the girls ornaments.  Then their little trees in their rooms can just have small little ornaments that go with the tree, and not have these huge hanging ornaments all over the place!

Emory's tree
I saw Erika mention this on her blog, and this tree below is one of our favorite decorations too.  My grandpa made this many years ago and for some reason, it's always been a hit!  It needs a little TLC though, because half the lights came unglued from the roller thingies.  Grandpa...can you help?


Little People velcro advent calender...



Our Mizzou-themed basement also got some fun Christmas decorations...




Brynn's felt tree...
Ryan's mom finds the coolest Nativity sets, and I think she's gotten the girls a new one each Christmas, and I think she has gotten most of them at Lifeway.  They have a Little People one, a Veggie Tales one, and just a regular plastic one.



Yeah, see what's on the TV?  Brynn found a Wiggles DVD below the TV and asked us to put it on.
GAG ME!  We haven't watched those in forever, and I was dying! HA!
It's crazy to think that next year we will HOPEFULLY be decorating a new house for Christmas!  But we love our house now and I know these pictures will always be so special to us!!

1 comment:

  1. I am offended my card isn't up on your china cabinet!! Oh wait, I don't send out cards! haha super cute decorations :)

    ReplyDelete