Friday, January 10, 2014

Cotton Bowl - Part 1





-









Last weekend we had the time of our lives...watching Mizzou WIN the Cotton Bowl at the Dallas Cowboy's Stadium!

When we found out that Mizzou was going to the Cotton Bowl (and knew that it was played in Dallas) we started thinking that maybe it would be a great little getaway over the holidays.  We could stay with my cousin Erika in their new house and get to see our FIRST Mizzou game of the season.  Before we even called Erika and Tab to ask about it, Tab called Ryan and asked if we wanted to come...but not just come.  The coolest part is that Tab is in charge of all the chain crews that do the games at Cowboy's Stadium, and he asked if Ryan and my dad wanted to help him and work the chains for the game.  WHAT?  I was so excited for the boys (and definitely a little jealous!  Why can't girls do the chains?  HA!)  We quickly bought tickets and made plans to go (Pam offered to keep our girls...THANK YOU PAM!)...and we were counting down the days!

Ryan and my mom both worked half the day on Thursday and then we drove to Dallas and got there by around 10 Thursday night.

Friday morning we woke up and had our first IKEA experience before picking up my sister at the airport.  (She flew in for the game.)  Then the girls met up with Shay (Erika's BFF, whose brother Sean was the Bachelor...she also has the super cute blog "Mix and Match Mama") to TOUR HER NEW HOUSE.  They are currently building and she gave us the grand tour.  And by GRAND, I mean GRAND.  HOLY MOLY!  It was so much fun!  THANK YOU SHAY!


Then around 3 we headed to the stadium!  We dropped the boys off and headed to a Mexican restaurant right nearby.


Little windy...

Tab and Ryan were getting pumped up I guess??


Even the restaurant was showing some Mizzou love...







Tab had an extra parking pass from the chain crew.  He gave it to us and said we could give it away, so naturally we looked for some Mizzou fans at the restaurant and gave it to them.  They were so thankful and grateful.  Right before they left the restaurant, they came over to our table and thanked us again and visited for a bit.  About five minutes later the manager came over and told us that they had BOUGHT OUR ENTIRE MEAL!  WHAT?  I think we all squealed really loudly and kept saying "seriously...oh my gosh!"  And then my next thought was "I hope they didn't care that we bought cheese dip and guacamole!"  HA!  The pass said it was worth $45 and our meal was definitely more than that.  I don't know if that's ever happened to me before...having someone we didn't know buy our entire meal!  WOW!

Since the boys chain crew passes were "all access" passes, they could pretty much go anywhere in the stadium.  When we dropped them off, Ryan took the camera with him.  I'm wondering if he secretly was hoping to run into some Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and take a picture with them?  HA!  




All the chain crew guys heading in...

My Dad was SO EXCITED!



The chain crew had their own locker room...they thought they were BIG STUFF!



Just remember...Ryan took all these pictures...I guess he was proud of his "locker spot?"



While we ate our Mexican, they were having an all-you-can-eat buffet...






Hency family chain crew...Dad, Tab, and Ryan



 And I'm just now going through these pictures and I have NO IDEA who these girls are below...HAHA!  (I guess my Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders joke wasn't too far off earlier!  LOL!)  So...here is Ryan with two girls...Ryan, when you read this, you'll have to fill me in on your friends...HA!


Oh, and then Dad must have met "the girls."  HA!  I'm thinking they are trainers?



We walked down as far as we could to see the guys...we couldn't come pass these guardrails, but the guys saw us and took a picture before we made our hour-long trek up to the very top of the stadium to our seats.  Okay...an hour might be an exaggeration, but we were up HIGH.  And I think we probably burned all the calories from dinner just walking up all those million flights of stairs.


Ryan snapped a few more pictures before the game...

Mizzou's defensive coordinator...
 I am cracking up as I'm picturing Ryan walking through the hallways, snapping pictures of the players.



The guys headed back to the chain crew locker room to put on their gear.  Then it was almost GAME TIME!


Even Tab hung out with Truman!


LET THE GAME BEGIN!  

No comments:

Post a Comment