Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Christmas With My Parents

My sister and Curt got into town the day after Christmas.  They drove from Knoxville, so it worked out that Brynn took a nap and then we headed over once she was up.  We opened up lots of fun gifts and had fun just hanging out together.  Then my mom made a DELICIOUS Christmas supper of...BREAKFAST!  YUM!  We had breakfast casserole and biscuits and gravy and fruit and cinnamon roll casserole, etc.  

First up...we had to check out what was in our "tockings."  (Have I mentioned on here that Brynn can't say the letter S if it's followed by another consonant?  She could say "soap" or "sing" but scarf is pronounced "carf" and spider would be "pider."  Oh and my all-time favorite is when she smells something funny and says "that mells like a tinky kunk!  "That smells like a stinky skunk!"  HA!)  And notice the shirt...yep, she wore it for her nap and didn't want to take it off!  I think every single picture of her in December is probably this jammie shirt!  HA!  


She was thrilled with her princess body wash and lip gloss!


Then Brynn wanted to help pass out the presents.





Here Curt...this one for you!




Then she saw one of her presents...so exciting!



Princess barbies...A BIG HIT!  I think she has carried around the "punzel" (Rapunzel) one for the last four days straight!


We gave the grandparents a calender in addition to the gifts we bought.  Grandma even shed some happy tears...I'd say that's a winner!  It's funny how the cheapest gifts can sometimes be the most thoughtful and best ones.


My dad surprised my mom with a rocking chair...she was so excited.  She wanted a picture with both girls, but Brynn was too much of a busybody with all the presents and didn't want to take one...stinker!


Thanks Mom and Dad for a great Christmas!

1 comment: