Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Stalking BEN AFFLECK

As most of you know, they are filming the movie "Gone Girl" here in Cape Girardeau.  At first I was like "why in the world did they pick our town for this?"  But I bought the book and have started it (although with a newborn and a two year old it will probably take me a year to finish!) and it takes place in a town in Missouri that sits right on the river.  So it makes sense.  =)

As some of you also know, Ben Affleck was my MAJOR movie star crush all growing up.  I think maybe it started when he was in the movie Armageddon and I just LOVED that movie (so much so that I made my very first email password about him back in like eighth grade!  HA!)  He is the main movie star in "Gone Girl" and he is here in our town filming!  CRAZY!  Even crazier is the fact that he works out at our gym, Fitness Plus, at least four times a week.  Since Ryan's physical therapy department is right in the gym, Ryan literally watches him workout almost every day.  Talk about me being jealous!  (Ryan said he is always really nice to people...I don't know why that just makes me happy!)  Tyler Perry and Neil Patrick Harris have also been in town, along with the girls in the movie who I really don't know much about.  =)

Our town is BUZZING with film crews and so many people we know are extras in the movie.  It has been so fun to drive around town and see all the production stuff everywhere.  I'm in a facebook group that people post to when they know where they are filming and it is fun to drive around and watch.  We even went downtown one night when they were filming a big scene and got to watch.  It is really cool!  My friend Jennilee and I have stalked a few times around town, and had a lot of fun!  So without further ado, here are some iPhone pictures of all my stalking activity over the last couple of weeks.  HA!


Jennilee and I took our girls on a walk downtown to watch some filming...

Our old Federal Building now has signs that say "North Carthage Police Department".

Emory LOVED the Moby wrap while we took our walk!


This facebook group is hilarious (and awesome if you want to stalk the filming!)
I took this screen shot to show my sister.

One day they were shooting downtown and we walked by all their trailers.
Then they had these big vans that would pick up the movie stars and drive them to the
filming location a couple of blocks away.
I know these pictures are bad...but it is crazy all the equipment and stuff they have.
The cameras are HUGE and the stuff is just crazy

I know you can't see it, and we IT REALLY WAS WAY CLOSER IN REAL LIFE,
but Ben (we are on a first name basis of course!) was over that ledge.  He was
on a break from filming and was on the phone.  It was crazy to see him!
Jennilee and I waved at him and HE WAVED BACK.
I may have squealed like a middle school girl!

And then the moment that made my life complete (just kidding....but it was very exciting!).  I kept telling Ryan "if he is at the gym, please just text me ONE time so I can come up and peek at him."  Well I got a text from Ryan that said "he's here."  So I was getting ready to get out anyway, and made a pit stop at the gym.  I walked up like I was going to visit Ryan and to show off the girls (that was slightly true...some of his coworkers hadn't seen her yet...HA!)  We went up and said hi to all his coworkers, and then Ryan walked us through the gym and we saw BEN WORKING OUT.  Ryan was like "I know you want a picture with him and I said "of course but I can't ask him!"  I was freaking out and I know my armpits were getting sweaty!  HA!  There really weren't many people around, so Ryan just goes up to him and says "Would you mind taking a picture with my wife?  She's a big fan...blah blah blah".  I'm like "OH MY GOSH!"  Ben says sure and then even looks at Brynn and says "Hi sweetie!"  (I may have pretended he said that to me...ha!)  I just kept saying "I'm so sorry...I know you are trying to work out."  His trainer (who is in town with him) took a couple of pictures for me.  AHHHH!  BIG BIG BIG THANKS TO MY AWESOME HUBBY FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN!  As much as I would have wanted to ask him to take a picture, I just couldn't have.  So THANK YOU RYAN!

I'm having like "the moment of my life" and he looks a little underwhelmed.  And
clearly Brynn was starstruck...HA!  Isn't he big?  I'm 5'6 and he just seemed really big!
I think his trainer told the physical therapists he has to gain like 40 pounds of muscle/bulk for
his role in Batman, so I guess he's trying to bulk up.  And several of my friends asked if he was
cute in real life and the answer would be YES!

It's so exciting that our town has all this going on and it has been fun to follow along.  I can't wait to watch it when it comes out...it will be so crazy to watch scenes that we've seen them film or to see places or people we know!

No comments:

Post a Comment