Sunday, October 13, 2013

Happy 2 1/2 Brynn!

On September 22 Brynn turned TWO AND A HALF!  I know I've said this before, but before we had Brynn I can remember picturing us as parents of a newborn.  I could even see us as parents celebrating our child's first birthday...but being parents of a two year-old or even a two and a half year old just seemed so far away.  (I seriously STILL cannot imagine when she's old enough for kindergarten!)  And WE ARE THERE!  We have a two and a half year old!  She is the absolute JOY (along with Emory) of our lives!  She is far from perfect but she truly is just an amazing little girl.  We are beyond blessed that God has allowed us to be her parents and are so thankful for the little girl she is!  We LOVE HER SO MUCH!    


  • She weighs about 29-30 pounds.
  • She is just hilarious.  Her personality just comes out more and more and she is a hoot.  I don't know how many times at night she says things and Ryan and I just about die laughing!
  • She is in a HUGE "question" phase.  She says "where" and "why" ALL the time these days.  Pam said she's going to start calling her "question girl" because she will ask "where" and then you will tell her and she will say "where" and keep saying it a million times.  AHH!  It is pretty funny though.  And "why" is huge too.  Her teachers at school even mentioned that they noticed she'd going through the "why" phase.  I get asked "why" about 37 times a day. =)
  • She's really trying to use her manners.  We have been working on how to ask for things and sometimes she needs us to remind her to start with the word "may" but it is so cool to hear her say "May I have apple juice pwease?"  or "May I have a cookie pwease?"  She is also getting the hang of when to say "thank you" and "you're welcome."  
  • She has been potty trained for quite awhile and is now 100% in panties during nap time.  We still put a pull-up on at night and she wakes up wet about half the time.  I'm in no rush to try to work on that...I figure that will take some time and it really doesn't bother me when it happens (well, I guess if she's in kindergarten and still wearing a pull-up at night I might worry!  HA!)  She has gotten SO GOOD about telling us when she has to go.  I don't think I've asked her in a month if she has to pee pee.  She just tells us or even runs back to her pink potty and goes on her own.  Obviously we still help her wipe, especially if she goes number two.  And surprisingly she has never had an issue going number two in the potty.  I know for a lot of kids that part is hard, but she has been really good about it.
  • She started school this past August and the first couple of weeks were rough, but thankfully she seems to have gotten the hang of it.  She has napped there and seems to enjoy going, which is nice because with a new baby, having three mornings to just nurse and take care of Emory has been nice.  She LOVES her teachers...which is awesome!  She is done by 2:30 so I don't feel like she's gone that much.
  • She says funny phrases and new words all the time...we are always like "where did she hear that?"  Tonight I was getting ready and I said "how does this look?"  She says "a-dor-able!"  HAHA!  Later I asked her if she wanted something and she said "I'm just fine."  Where does she get this stuff?
  • She can count to about 12 correctly, she sings LOTS of songs with almost all the right words, and she recognizes the letters B and O.  She knows a couple shapes...circle and star.  I don't know if she knows any other ones.  She knows all the main colors.  If you ask her how to spell her name she usually says "B, R, Y, N, N, N, N, N..."   (For a long time she only said one N at the end, and I guess we just kept telling her N N, so she just started saying N N N N N, etc. )  And she has a GOOD MEMORY!
  • This cracked me up but I was getting ready to go to the grocery store and I asked her if she needed me to get anything.  She says "cheese like Kacie from cool."  I asked her what kind of cheese Kacie brought to school and she says "circle cheese."  At first I couldn't understand the circle part, and she kept repeating "circle cheese".  Finally, she points to a circle on a notebook and says "circle, like on you paper!"   
  • She is really into watching Sophia and Doc McStuffins right now.  
  • I can't even write (or even remember) all the funny, silly things she says and does.  She loves to talk and expresses herself ALL the time.
  • Since Emory was born, it seems like Brynn has grown up SO FAST.  She seems so big to us and seems like such an old little person!
Oh Brynn...you are AMAZING and we LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment