Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins and Jello Jigglers

I LOVE fall, and one of my favorite things about it are all the special foods...anything with a can of pumpkin in it is likely to be a favorite!  HA!  The other day we made some of Shay's 3-ingredient pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.  (She's the "mix and match mama" and has an awesome food blog).  I honestly thought the recipe was too simple to taste good, but I was wrong!!  All you do is mix one bag of spice cake mix with one can of pumpkin.  You just stir it together until it makes a batter, then stir in a cup of chocolate chips.  It made enough for 12 regular muffins and then almost 18 mini-muffins, which Brynn loved!  We ate them for breakfast (and snacks and dessert) for several days!  They were great!





Something else we've made several times over the last few days are Jello Jigglers.  My mom used to make them all the time and has made them for Brynn recently, and she loves them!  So when I saw a Halloween "jigglers" kit at the store I picked it up.  Instead of just cutting them out with cookie cutters or just cutting out plain squares, this kit had a mold with pumpkins, bats, etc.  Everyday for lunch Brynn asks says "I want a jiggle mommy!"  HA!

She was wearing her Halloween Tinkerbell outfit while we were cutting some "jigglers" out.

We had some extra gelatin so I just filled up an 8 by 8 dish with the extras...then we cut out our
own shapes with some fall cookie cutters.

They may look silly and jiggly, but they are so good and Brynn loves them!
We made some Halloween cookies tonight and hopefully later this week we will make homemade applesauce in the crock-pot.  We've also tried a couple new fall soups.  I haven't cooked nearly as much over the last three weeks (our friends have been awesome about bringing us meals), but I'm excited to get some more fall cooking done over the next couple of months!!  If anyone has some yummy fall recipes, pass them my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment