Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rainy Day At Begg's Family Farm

This past Saturday we did one of my favorite things...took Brynn to Beggs Family Farm!  They have so many fun things for kids and families to do together, and it's just such a fun fall thing!  We decided to let Ryan's mom have some snuggle time with Emory (I know she wasn't too upset about that! HA!) and we took Brynn so we could spend some good quality time with just her.  

After we dropped off Emory with Pam, we headed to Cracker Barrel for a yummy breakfast with our big girl!  We ate a TON and had such a fun time.  We don't get breakfast out a whole lot, but I don't know why.  I just LOVE going there for breakfast!


Then we met our friends Brad and Jennilee and carpooled over to Beggs Farm.  Not five minutes after we got there it STARTED TO RAIN!  BOO!  It wasn't too bad, so we stayed outside and started doing some of the fun activities.  Jennilee and Millie did the big slide!  Brynn said she just wanted to watch and catch Millie at the end!  HA!



Then the girls had some fun playing in this little "fort" thing.





I hope these girls stay friends FOREVER!  Maybe we can put some of these pictures in their wedding
videos when they are bridesmaids for each other?  (Okay, I better pull out the tissues now!)

HAHAHAHA!

Then the rain got REALLY bad.  Jennilee and I were riding the girls around on these fun little bikes, but I don't have any pictures because the boys had gone to grab umbrellas and take cover.  We were stuck pedaling a lap around the bike track and started getting pelted by rain!  AHHH!  We got off and RAN under a shelter!  Thankfully, right nearby was this "corn sandbox" thing and we literally sat under it (thank goodness for a "covered" activity!) for an hour and played.








I took this picture because LOOK WHAT IS IN HER EAR?  She had a piece of corn in there! HA!
And she didn't even know it!
Ryan was trying to get her to stare at something in the distance so I could get this picture.


It never stopped raining the whole time, but thankfully they gave us a rain check and we are going to try to go back sometime before Halloween.  We didn't get to ride out to pick out pumpkins or get to watch the pig races or get to jump on this bouncy thing, ride the train, or see the animals....BOO!  Even so, we had a great time with great friends and made some special memories!  That's what it's all about, right?

Funny story - I will never forget how hard Jennilee and I were laughing in the corn sandbox because of Millie's shoes!  We were trying to get all the girls out to go get some lunch, so I was helping her put Millie's shoes on and we were each putting on one of her shoes.  Both of her girls were sitting on her lap, so I grabbed Millie's foot and put the shoe on but I was thinking "wow...what size are these?  They are ridiculously HUGE on her feet!"  I asked Jennilee if Millie's shoes were big and she says something about "yeah, I think that maybe one of her feet is slightly bigger than the other."  I'm like "ya think?"  That thing was sliding around like an inch or more...it was huge!"  Come to find out, she had accidentally put Millie's sock on Lyla's foot (her 11 month old) and I wasn't paying attention so I just put the shoe on the baby's foot...which was why it was so huge!  It probably doesn't sound that funny on here (and our husbands didn't think it was as funny as we did either) but we just DIED laughing.  It was so funny!





Hopefully we get to go back in the next couple of weeks and have some more fun at Beggs!

No comments:

Post a Comment