Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Upward Weekends

Every Saturday morning you can find us at the SEMO Rec Center helping with our church's Upward basketball season.  This season I am...drumroll please...coaching first and second grade girls cheerleading!  HA!  When I was working full-time I always felt way too busy to commit to doing this, but now that I'm working part-time I feel like it's something I can do.  No joke, in the middle of the night back in November I woke up and felt like God was saying "you need to coach upward cheerleading."  The next day I called my friend Kelli, who coordinates the cheerleading, and told her "you are going to think I'm a nut job, but I think God woke me up in the middle of the night and told me to call you about this!  HA!  She was like "we need more coaches...yes!" 

Well, my friend Heather and I are doing it together, and her daughter is on our team.  It has been a really fun experience so far.  Ryan has coached basketball in year's past, but this year he is just volunteering as a ref and hanging out with Brynn and watching our squad cheer.  It really is a fun way to spend our Saturday mornings.  SO MANY kids and families from our church participate, and we are always getting to see our friends and their kids play.  There are three games going on at one time, so the place is crazy and so much fun.  The only downside - I had to get up and do the halftime cheer with my girls during the first game...that was a little embarrassing...HAHA!

I don't have any pics of my girls, but I snapped a few on my phone this past weekend.  

Ryan reffing...

Our friends were coaching their son's team and Ryan
was doing that game.  We stayed and watched some with Bella and Brandi.


Someone also likes to explore the place...


And then Brynn and Bella and I went for a walk around the track...
will these two be playing or cheering in a few years?
What a FUN Saturday morning!

I can't even imagine what it feels like to watch your child play or cheer.  I can't believe that will be us in just a few short years! 

No comments:

Post a Comment