Thursday, January 24, 2013

Dining Room Chair Makeover...Part 1

Woohoo...I am REALLY excited about this little project we are attempting!  Back in December we went on the big "home tour" here in Cape.  One of the houses on the tour this year was owned by a designer and she had completely renovated her home.  It was AMAZING.  In her kitchen she had a cute little brown table.  Then around it she had a completely different set of chairs that she had painted black and reupholstered the seat cushions.  We were all like "that is ADORABLE."  I thought "man, I wish I could do that" but our dining room set is borrowed from Ryan's parents and I didn't think I should do anything drastic to a borrowed table!  Well my super sweet mother-in-law (who was with me on the home tour) turns to me and says "YOU SHOULD DO THAT TO YOUR CHAIRS!"  I'm like "REALLY?  You will let me paint your chairs!"  When she said yes I decided right then and there that we WOULD be attempting this project!  So...the plan is to keep the table the same, but paint all the chairs black and reupholster the seats.  

Here is the chair and tables BEFORE...
don't get too excited, there are no AFTER pictures yet.
You will have to wait a week or so for those.

Somebody wanted to "help" daddy take the seat cushions off.



Okay, so clearly part one wasn't very exciting, but I'm hoping that the finished product is!  Pam (my mother-in-law) is also re-upholstering some of her chairs, so we had a little party doing the cushions.  And sadly by we, I mean Ryan!  I am so bad about following through on projects.  I have these great ideas and think I could really do them all myself, but he is so good at stuff like this, and I get A.D.D. so bad!  I DID help him with the first seat cushion, but then he did the rest while I supervised!  HA!  Hopefully more exciting pics coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations WHITNEY! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this exciting information.

    grow room plans

    ReplyDelete