Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Day

For us, Christmas Day had three parts.  First, we woke up and had Christmas morning here at our house.  Brynn got her present from Santa, and we all opened the presents we had gotten for each other.  Then we went to celebrate with Ryan's family at his grandma's in Cape.  Then we drove to Oran to spend time at my grandma's house.  WHEW!  

She doesn't really understand the concept of "running out on Christmas morning to see what Santa left" but she was excited to come out and see a new "pin-sis" toy in the family room!



Ryan's family has always had the tradition of starting off opening presents by reading the Christmas story.  We attempted this year by Ryan reading out of Brynn's little story-book Bible, but I have to admit, the princess castle sitting on the floor was WAY too tempting for Brynn! HA!

Here is Daddy reading...

And here is Brynn "listening"...HAHA!

STOCKINGS!



For the last month or two she has been saying she wanted a "choo choo twain" so
Daddy got her a "Thomas" train.  =)

And she got a train set.

Ryan was so excited about this gift.
He got it for our family.   It's a Pampered Chef "make your own potato and sweet potato chips" maker for
the microwave. =)  It's pretty cool!

Putting together the train set.

My dad built this little table to hold her train set stuff...she LOVES it!
Then we had some breakfast and got ready.  We headed to Ryan's grandma's assisted living facility.  She had "rented" out the clubhouse for us to have Christmas in.  She invited any of the residents who didn't have a place to go to come to our family Christmas, and a couple of them did. We had lots of fun eating, opening presents, and playing and visiting with family.

Dancing with Great -Aunt Kim

Playing hide and seek.
(Although doesn't this picture kind of look like she has her head stuck? HA!)  She didn't, she was just hiding.

Uh-oh...somebody was erasing the board!

Great-Aunt Soni got all three girls matching Christmas outfits..they were adorable!
Of course if Ansley is dancing, so is Brynn!



Kyle and all the Crader cousins.


Agatha and some of the residents.
It was so sweet for Agatha to invite them.
The funniest part of the whole day is when one of these ladies got all crotchety...she was yelling "I NEED
a FORK!"  "I take my dessert to GO THANK YOU!"  HAHAHA!


 Then we drove to Oran to go to my Grandma and Grandpa's for awhile.  Brynn fell asleep in the car so when we got there Ryan stayed in the car with her and took a power nap while she was sleeping!  HA!
Brynn only sleeps in the car for like 45 minutes, so they were inside pretty quick.  After eating again, we headed downstairs for presents.  This year we decided that all the grown-ups would draw names and exchange gifts and my grandparents were only supposed to buy a couple little gifts for their great-grandkids.
The gift exchange was SO FUN!  I got my Uncle Bruce and my sister got me!  =)



I got a cute scarf and some cheetah flats from my sister...guess who wanted to try them on?


Playing with Ebby Lee and Nixon.

Princess toys and Cinderella slippers were a HIT from Granny and Pawpaw!

Ryan, me, Brynn, my parents, Lindsey, and Curt.

My mom's sister Tina and her whole clan...

My grandparents with all the great-grandkids!
After presents we just hung out and attempted to play games.  We all ended up leaving semi-early because kids were getting tired and we were all just worn out.  Brynn was CRANKY, which was annoying (sorry to say that...ha!), but I understand.  We had just had SO MUCH stuff going on the last week and I know that if I was worn out, I'm sure she was too!  She was OUT before we even got out of Oran!

Christmas WORE HER OUT!
As soon as we got home it started snowing and when we woke up the next morning we had a good 4-5 inches of snow on the ground!

Although tiring, Christmas was a WONDERFUL day celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ with our wonderful families.  We are so blessed to have both families nearby, even if it means jumping from here to there.

1 comment:

  1. I am tired just reading about all the activities in the Banderman/Pingle families! Poor Brynn,must really be. She
    lived it! Just kidding. It is wonderful Christmas traditions, you all have. Brynn, may be tired, but she is blessed.

    ReplyDelete