Tuesday, January 29, 2013

GREAT WEEKEND...no pics...and a mommy vent about the "two's."

We had a great weekend, but unfortunately I DIDN'T TAKE A SINGLE PICTURE!

Lindsey and Curt came into town on Friday night and we got to visit with them and have dinner at my mom's.  Then on Saturday morning Ryan, Brynn, and I were at Upward games (more on that in the next post) and then my grandparents came into town for lunch to see Lindsey and Curt.  Later that night my mom and dad watched Brynn so we could all four go on a double date!  We had so much fun!!  We went to eat at Olive Garden and hung out until about 10.  Sometimes a fun meal and grown-up conversation is just what this mama needs!  Then on Sunday we had church and Sunday lunch at my mom's.  Get the drift...when they come in town, suddenly my mom's is the PLACE to be.  HAHA! 

They got to see Brynn a lot, which is so fun because they hadn't seen her since Christmas.  Unfortunately, they got to see her sassy side as well.  Whew...that child can be pretty strong-willed at times.  Most of the time she is so fun-loving and playful, but when you tell her no or it's time to leave and she isn't ready to go, WATCH OUT.  I knew this stage would come, but sometimes I'd rather it just be in the confines of my own home and not have it play out in front of everyone!  HAHA!  I know I"m going to have to get over that...she is almost two and she's going to act out from time to time.  Please tell me other mom's know what I'm talking about!  I'm so bad about wanting everyone to think she's so sweet, but clearly that's just my pride getting in the way!  This seriously is SUCH a fun age...she's saying new things all the time and she can make the funniest expressions and have Ryan and I rolling!  BUT...with this stage there are also challenges, and we seem to be experiencing those "FUN" times as well!  I seriously think parenting is one way God causes us to look to him and say "clearly, I do NOT know how to do this without you Lord!  HELP!"  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment