Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lazy L Safari Day

This morning we headed to Lazy L Safari.  It's a petting zoo/exotic animal place in town.  They were having a "Wild West Weekend" with a show and stick-horse races, etc.  We had never been there before, so we decided to give it a shot.  It turned out to be really fun, and I was surprised by how many different kinds of animals they have.  Brynn seems to love animals, and we are always saying that we need to take her to the zoo, so having this just 10 minutes away was really cool!

The show was cute.  We got to see some roping...

My genius child was yelling "Yeehaw..."  Just kidding...but it looks like she could have been.  =)
She's actually in the middle of clapping for the show...

Look closely...this isn't a horse.  It's a...

ZORSE...no lie.  It's a cross between a horse and a zebra!

Watching the show with Erin and Frankie.

She LOVES birds.  She doesn't call them birds though, she says "tweet tweet."
She will point up in the sky and say "tweet tweet."

Goat petting area.
Sometimes she would want us to hold her, but she still liked trying to pet them.
Then when they would come close she would laugh but then run to us.  It was cute!



Snakes, frogs, tarantulas, etc.
This was NOT my favorite area!





I'm dreaming of a white Christmas....

She started getting really brave...


Then we realized that you could go IN the bird area.  I was trying to not let her see that it
freaked me out, but they were fluttering all over the place and I could just picture them pooping
in my hair...I tried to stand to the side and just take pictures.  

They had these "food sticks" to feed them with.







There were a few more things left to see...Miss Brave continued to try to touch stuff...


and before we knew what happened, she got pecked by a chicken!  HA!
As soon as I saw her walk up to that little fence I meant to grab her back and say "let's not try to pet those"
but almost immediately she put her hands through and a little one got her.  It didn't bother her for very long,
but I just hope when we go to the fair and see the animals she still wants to pet the cute goats!
We had so much fun taking Brynn to see all the animals.  They had zebras and camels, emu and ostrich, llamas, and some things I couldn't even pronounce.  I definitely see us going back there again soon!

1 comment:

  1. You are good mama. There is no way, I mean NO WAY, I could have done that with my children nor my grandchildren. Not even for Mollie, Andrew, nor Brynne!!! I am terrified of feathers. Looks like you all had fun. You do so many col things with her. Oh the memories you are making.

    ReplyDelete