Monday, August 6, 2012

Jackson Homecomers...My "Kelly's Korner" Moment!


The Saturday right after we got home from our cruise we headed to the Jackson Homecomer's Festival.  They have some little rides and good food, and we thought it would be fun to just walk around.  We ran into a bunch of Orchard kiddos and teachers.  It was such a fun evening, and it made me so excited for the SEMO Fair, which is only a month away!
We ran into family friend Larry Shoaf...he was carrying this goofy pole around!  HA!
Yummy homemade ice cream!

My shining moment...HAHA!
See story below...

- As we were walking around, we saw the P & G tent...well at the SEMO Fair they always give away a bunch of diapers, so I said "Oh Ryan we have to go over there!"  When we get there the girl working the booth (who I later learned is Katie, and was SO SWEET) (see picture above) says "I have to tell you something so random...are you Whitney?  I read your blog!"  I'm like "WHAT??  That is CRAZY!"   Then she tells me that the week before (when we were gone on the cruise) she took off work on Wednesday to take her daughter to her one year doctor appointment, and also took her little girl to Baby Book at the library.  Her mom normally takes her little girl while she's at work, so I haven't seen Katie there.  Anyway - she said she recognized Brynn and my mom from my blog, but didn't want to say anything to my mom because she thought my mom would think she was crazy.  HA!  (Katie...I was telling my mom all this and she was like "oh my gosh, I wish she would have come and told me.  I would have thought that was so cool!")  Anyway - I looked over (at the P & G booth...sorry, this story is getting confusing, but just let me have my moment okay people...ha!) and saw her mom and recognized her mom from seeing her at Baby Book and said "OH MY GOSH is your little girl Berkley???"  "Yes!"  We could not stop laughing!  Now I know it probably doesn't even sound that exciting to anyone else, but it was to me!  HA!  I read Kelly's Korner blog and she always has people come up to her and say "are you Kelly?  Can I take a picture with you?"  So I told Katie, "oh my gosh, this is the first time someone I don't know has come up to me and told me they read my blog...I feel like Kelly's Korner!"  But while those people ask Kelly to take a picture with her, I asked Katie to take a picture with me because I was so excited!  I am such a nerd!

Katie - thanks for making my day!

1 comment:

  1. It is supposed to be exciting to meet someone who reads your blog. I still get excited when that happens. Besides you and Brynne are memorable people. See you have a new friend, through blogland. You go girl!!!!!

    ps: have I told you I hate verification??/((giggles))

    ReplyDelete