Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekend Traditions

This weekend we toured our city's lights display and delivered Christmas food baskets.  These are two traditions I want to do with our family each Christmas!

Started off the evening with Chick-Fil-A and then headed to Starbucks to
get Peppermint Mochas before we drove through the lights. 


We let Brynn sit in the front with me (this is inside a park and we were going 3 mph so it was really safe!)

She LOVED it!

This is how she spent the majority of the drive...hands banging on the windows looking out!



She was mesmorized by all the lights and displays.
 Saturday morning we got up and headed to church to help deliver Christmas food baskets to needy families in our city.  This is something our church does every year.    In the middle of the Christmas season where I get stressed about making sure our Christmas card is cute or that I have the right presents for everyone, we deliver these baskets and see that there are people who don't even have food to eat that night.  Not only does it remind me to be thankful for simple things like food, but reminds me that we always need to be reaching out to those in need, which I know I don't do nearly enough.

Getting our list of what baskets to deliver...my sister was in town after her finals were over so she got to go with us.

Getting our bags to fill with food...

Look at that great helper...Linz and I were in a funny mood...we would have Brynn touch a can of green beans or corn and we would pick it up to put in the bag...then the stuff that she could actually hold we would put in her hands and get her to drop it in our grocery bag!  Here she is helping with the mashed potatoes!

Last thing...information from our church and a small Bible.

All ready to go deliver!
These are traditions I hope we can continue with our family for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment