Thursday, September 3, 2015

First Week of Footprints 2015

I can't say enough what a "God thing" it is to be working at Footprints Pre-School at our church and how blessed our family is for our girls to go there!  I LOVE my job and I don't want to take for granted how special it is that I get to do what I love and my girls can go there too.  I LOVE being able to peek in their rooms as I walk past to deliver copies or snacks, and to help their teachers get things ready for their class projects.  

I am so excited for this school year because both the girls go there full-time with me (we are only open on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) and it's fun to spend our mornings there and be home by 3 in the afternoon each day.  

This year Brynn is the big man on campus in the Pre-K class =) and Emory is in the 2's class!  They have both been SO EXCITED for school and love it so much!  Here they are on the first day...





Brynn's Pre-K teacher is our neighbor who I taught kindergarten with at Orchard.  She had been home with her kiddos and since they are both old enough to be back in school she was looking for something part-time.  We are THRILLED to have her as our Pre-K teacher and the things she has already taught the kids has been awesome.  Mrs. Jan is her assistant and I just LOVE her.  She's worked at Footprints for many years and is a family friend.  She is AWESOME!  They make a great team and I can tell they are so excited about this year.  


Emory is with Mrs. Diane and Mrs. Sheila, and they are wonderful and amazing.  Two years old is a hard age, but they love every minute with those kids and we are blessed to have them!  I love when they snap pictures and send them to me...Mrs. Sheila said "oh boy, already running the class!"  HA!


In the 2's class they sleep on nap mats, which Emory hadn't done before.  I remember it took Brynn a couple of weeks when she was in that class to get the routine of sleeping on a mat down, but thankfully Emory only took that one first day (with no nap), and has napped everyday since then.  But let me tell you..that first day she was a BEAR after school.  (Yes, her shoes are on the wrong feet.  She likes to "do it myself!"

I took this picture because my friend Karry that teaches in the 1's class has a little girl with Emory in the 2's and we were texting after school that day and the messages were something like "is yours a bear this afternoon?"  YES!  =)


Thankfully the other days she has napped and adjusting to our back to school routine isn't so bad!  And I'll be honest...the fact that the girls are ready for bed by 7:30 or 8 is just fine by me!  #bigbrother #bachelorinparadise #mommytime



One of the little boys Emory was in class with last year is in her class again, and I guess she was really excited to see him?  HA!  Mrs. Sheila said "uh-oh...it might be too early to start this!"  HA!  Ryan kept saying "Emory..who were you hugging at school?"  The only boys you can hug are Daddy and Grandpa and Papaw!  LOL!










Love getting pics from her teacher...so sweet!




Helping her friend Abbie-Kayte put her shoe on.  =)


So thankful for a great first couple of weeks!

1 comment: