Friday, July 17, 2015

Ryan's Birthday Week

The week of Ryan's birthday was busy and fun!  We had a birthday party for one of our best friend's Scarlett on Tuesday...love these girls!



When we got home Ryan was heading to an interview for a promotion at work...don't let this silly picture fool you.  He can be pretty serious sometimes.  He was getting his nervous energy out I guess?


After naps we heard the KONA ICE TRUCK!  I guess these are like the "new" version of the ice cream truck?  Anyway - the girls love to go get a snow cone when it drives by!



Tuesday night was our anniversary, so Ryan and I went out to eat and even went to see a movie and the girls stayed with Pamaw!  Thank you Pam!


Then the next day was Ryan's actual 33rd birthday...that night we headed to Pam and Rick's for Ryan's birthday dinner...Brynn wanted us to have a "spider man theme" party for him.  I have no idea where she got that idea but we went to the Dollar Store earlier that day and bought lots of Spider Man decorations and took them to Pam's early on Wednesday night to decorate.  

We were all hoping Ryan would have heard about the job interview by then and that maybe he'd walk in the door and hopefully have some good news, but he still hadn't heard anything.  Darn!  I was thinking that would have been a SWEET birthday present!


I had some leftover icing and Brynn wanted me to write "Happy Birthday Spider Man Daddy" on his cake we made...HA!




The next day was Thursday and Ryan called me that morning and let me know that HE GOT THE JOB!  He was SO EXCITED!  (As was I!)  His new title is "Manager of Outpatient Rehabilitation Services" so he's still at the same office, he's just taking over his boss's job (who got a different promotion at the hospital).  So he will still occasionally see patients (Granny was very adamant about that!) , but he's the manager of all the physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech therapists! We are so excited for him!!!

When he learned the good news, he stopped by his parents after work, and then after we ate supper we headed to my parents house to tell them the exciting news.  Our close family had been praying just that God would make it very clear...either close the door or open it...

My parents were clearly very excited for him...my mom was crying before this picture...I wish you could have seen it.  Very hilarious and sweet at the same time.  =)


Not sure Ryan was being so silly...I think the weight of everything was FINALLY coming off of him!


My parents came us a belated anniversary gift...a SELFIE STICK!  As I've said before...this guy probably shouldn't be allowed to use it...see pics below...







We left my parents and headed to the Jackson pool to celebrate Ansley's birthday!  The girls had SUCH  a great time swimming with all their friends!



And the next night we headed to Cracker Barrel for a celebration dinner in honor of Ryan's new job!  The girls were doing some interesting dance moves on the way out...


It was a crazy week full of prayer and celebrations.  So excited for Ryan and praying God uses him in a mighty way in his new job!!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for Ryan. He is such a fine young man. Your Mama got blessed with sons in law, didn't she?lol I don't think the girls can get any cuter

    ReplyDelete