Friday, July 24, 2015

JOY in the Little Things...

Have I mentioned on here the phrase "BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED?"  If I have, whoops.  But if I haven't...it's totally been my motto lately.  We are just soaking up these lazy summer days...we may not be able to go down the biggest water slides at the water park, or do a ton of adventurous stuff because Emory is kind of little, but I am just really trying to BLOOM where we are planted right now.  I know before I know it the girls are going to be so much older and I"ll miss these young days.  =)

Being outside is so fun..we love to get snow cones...


And carry in the trash can...



and spend time in the kitchen together, even if it is kind of hectic.  When Emory goes down for a nap, Brynn usually stays up with me a little bit and she always wants to help do cookie stuff.  I was doing Frozen cookies the other day and Brynn asked if she could have an extra cookie to make an Olaf...I was SUPER IMPRESSED!


I was changing out some pictures recently..here was Emory after she turned one, and then when she was 9 months older..


We finally decided to hang a big set of pictures on the walls (still haven't put anything in them but I think I have an idea of what I want it to be).  I LOVE a good project!


We've had a lot of fun with the cat!



Just in the last few weeks Brynn has been wanting to play softball a lot...she loves when we pitch to her and she's starting to really get the hang of how to hold the bat and hits it maybe 1/3 or 1/2 the time.  She loves to "run the bases" every time she hits it (even a foul tip), and I am not kidding when I say she runs the bases the wrong way EVERY time. HA!  She loves to have Grandpa pitch to her.



Even Emory wants to get in on the softball fun.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment