Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Whipping Up Some Baby Food

When Emory was almost four months old, we started making her some rice cereal and baby oatmeal.  Sometimes she seems like she really likes it, and then other times not so much.  Then Dr. Hoffman said we could start introducing some veggies or fruit.  

I never made any of Brynn's baby food, but this time around I decided to give it a try.  It has been so easy and fun!  The other day I made a batch of sweet potatoes...she LOVED them!  All I did was bake them and throw them in the food processor with a little of my milk...


I bought these baby food trays and filled them up with the sweet potatoes...


And once they were frozen, I just popped them out and put them in a zip-lock bag.  Then I just grabbed out a couple and thawed them and we were good to go!  YUM!


I know this next picture doesn't look like it, but her FAVORITE thing by far (and really the only "baby food" she's had are rice cereal/oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and avocados) is avocados.  They are awesome!  All we do is cut one in half, mash it all up with a spoon or fork, and she GOES TO TOWN.  She opens right up and she will eat an entire half in one sitting.  (I know that probably sounds like a lot, but it really isn't that much when it is all mashed up).


Good old mashed avocado...


Somebody also really likes sweet potatoes...


And since this post is about food, here is a picture I snapped on my phone the other day at school.  Brynn's teachers said it is so adorable to watch these girls each lunch...she said it's like little old ladies sitting there chatting and eating away.  They said they can't let them eat together every day because they don't always eat as much!  HA!

The ladies who lunch...

The other day I was even getting out Brynn's lunch and she said "no, I want peanut butter and jelly."  I said "oh, okay."  I don't usually make her one of those.  Then as I was making it she said "can I have one bread, and fold it over."  HA!  I started laughing and said "does someone at school eat one like that?"  She said "YES, Ainsley does!"  I was telling the little girls mom before school that day, and she said "oh that's funny...yes, she has a folded peanut butter sandwich every day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment