Friday, February 28, 2014

Brynn's Funnies - February Edition



OH. MY. GOSH.  This child has been SUCH A HOOT lately.  As she is getting older, she is understanding things more, but also wondering about things more, and it just cracks us up.

  • Last night we went to the SEMO basketball game.  Randomly, she says "mommy, you need to go potty?"  I said, "no, but do you?  Do you want me to take you to the bathroom?"  She keeps saying "no, but do you need to go mommy?  I will take you.  I will help you."  It made me laugh so hard, and I figured she probably needed to go, so I said "I'll go with you."  Well, we got to the bathroom and we walk in and she walks me over to a stall and says "go mommy."  Then she stands over by the wall and says "if you need me I'll be right here, okay?"  HAHAHA!  
  • We saw Rowdy the Redhawk and the Chick-Fil-A cow at the SEMO game.  She calls them the "creatures" and gets so excited.   "Look...there two creatures here!"  Later in the game she kept asking where the real cow was.  (She had won a stuffed cow from them throwing things out).  But she wondered where the "real" cow was.  I said "I don't see him, maybe he had to go to the bathroom?"  (She had just gone to the bathroom) And so she says in all seriousness, "no he not, I didn't see him in the potty!"  
  • We were at Aldi's the other day.  I had Emory in the baby carrier thing and Brynn was in the cart.  (I've gotten a lot smarter, and this is the BEST way to go to the grocery with both girls!)  This older lady says "oh, you've got two sweeties there!"  Brynn says real loud, "What she say mommy?"  I said "she said you are sweet."  Then right by the lady she yells out, "is she OLD mommy?"  AHHH!  (She's really into "old" people lately...she always asks if people are old!)
  • Something she thinks is funny lately is putting us to bed.  Emory had already gone to bed the other night and we were reading in our bed.  She says "okay guys, go to sleep.  I will tuck you in.  Turn you lamps off."  So she turns all the lights off, tells us good night and hops off our bed and goes in her room.  We were like "what?"  We were watching her on the monitor and she goes in and gets in her bed and lays down.  Then she hops out and gets out her box of stuffed animals, picks a couple out and puts them in her bed and lays down.  Then she hops out and walks back to our room.  (We quickly pretend we are sleeping.)  She says "forgot my pillow guys, now go to sleep."  Sure enough, her little pillow was in our bed from reading books.  We were CRACKING UP.  She grabs her pillow and takes it back into her room and lays down.  She tucks herself in and goes to sleep.  WHAT?  When did she become a teenager?  It was HILARIOUS to watch her on the monitor.  Linz - you would have died!  
  • The other Friday night we were getting out the door to go up to church for an event.  I had to take Emory's bottle and I guess I had told Brynn "help mommy remember to bring this, because Ryan wasn't home yet and I was trying to get everything out the door and we were running late.  We get all loaded up and we were pulling out of the driveway and from the backseat I hear Brynn say "mommy, you got you seat belt on?"  I started laughing and said "yes."  Then she says "mommy, you bring Emory's diaper bag and bottle?"  WHAT?  I could not stop laughing and said "yes!"  And kept telling her thank you for reminding me about everything.  What a little lady!  
I know there are so many funny things that she says/does, but I can't remember them all.  But I love writing down the ones I CAN remember.  I think it will be so fun to look back and read them one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment