Monday, December 16, 2013

Our FIRST post-baby getaway...NASHVILLE Weekend!

This past weekend Ryan and I got to take our first little weekend getaway POST baby.  It was FABULOUS!  Ryan took off work a little early on Friday, and we headed to Nashville to visit my sister and her husband Curt.  We had absolutely NOTHING on the agenda except eating yummy food and hanging out.  We got to their apartment around 7:30 and headed to dinner at Sopapilla's...SO GOOD!




After dinner we drove around looking at Christmas lights.  There are some ENORMOUS houses near them and the subdivisions are so much fun to drive through!  We got home and hung out and watched TV before bed.  Then Saturday morning we slept in (let's be honest...my body doesn't sleep in past about 7:00, but just laying in bed and chatting and being lazy FELT GREAT!)  We drank coffee and finished a movie we had started the night before.  Ryan and Curt were going to go for a little run, and my sister and I decided to make it a family affair so we all went.  It was so fun!


We came back and all got ready, and then we drove to downtown Franklin to walk around and shop and see Christmas decorations.  We had lunch at a place called Meridee's, which was kind of like a Panera, but not a chain.  It was so yummy...and I know I keep talking about the food, but seriously with two little ones, eating and just sitting for a long time and talking with your meal IS A TREAT!




After lunch we shopped and headed to the mall to do a little more shopping.  Then we headed to dinner at a place in East Nashville called Pharmacy Burger.  DELICIOUS!  (They did a great job picking out the restaurants for this trip...thanks guys!)  We headed home and played cards and watched Home Alone.  PERFECT!  Sunday morning we got up and went to their church and then came back and had lunch before Ryan and I had to head home.  We had such a great time...it was just refreshing to get away for a bit and have some adult time.  We love you Lindsey and Curt...thank you for a GREAT weekend!

And of course while we were away, my parents took lots of pictures on their phones and sent them to us.   I LOVE getting pictures while we are gone.  =)

Doesn't Emory look like a little Pingel in this picture?  I think she resembles my Dad in this pic.

My parents did lots of fun stuff with the girls while we were away.  On Friday night my Dad took Brynn to this candy cane hunt at the Osage center.  She decorated a bag and then they turned the lights down low and the kids searched for candy canes.  My parents said she wanted to do that the rest of the weekend...she would go down to their basement and take a flashlight and "hide" her candy canes and then find them!  HA!


Dad said she called this "the kweetcher"...HA!
Then on Saturday my mom decorated a Gingerbread House with Brynn...so much fun!



Saturday evening they went to Chick-Fil-A and then drove around to look at Christmas lights.


Sunday morning they got the girls ready for church...


After church they did some more crafty projects...notice Brynn's princess shirt.  Did I mention that she's moved on from being obsessed with the princess gown to being obsessed with this old Cinderella PJ shirt?



SO THANKFUL for a great weekend away, and for my parents doing such a great job of taking care of the girls!  I'm sure they were WORN out after our weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment