Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Let the Building (Digging) Begin!

This past Friday (Black Friday no less) WE BROKE GROUND!  They started digging out the basement and we stopped by later in the day to see what was going on.  When we drove up I was like "OH MY GOSH!"  It was pretty crazy to see.  My sister was in town and she was cracking me up...she kept saying "shouldn't you be there when they start?  Don't you want to stick the first shovel in?"  HA!  I told her I didn't think they did "ribbon cuttings" or "diggings" for building a house, although it sounded tempting!  HA!

Here's what we saw when we drove up on Friday...




They even brought gravel in where our driveway will be.  It's so nice because now all the equipment doesn't have to drive and make huge mud tracks!




Brynn was calling it her "big playground" and put her rain boots on and ran around in the middle of all the dirt.  It was so fun watching her!  I remember when I was younger and my parents built our house and I loved running up the piles of dirt.  She was running up the dirt piles and pretending like she was Dora and saying "I running up the highest hill!"




Ryan was standing there and was smiling.  I always joke him about how I like when he smiles WITHOUT his teeth (I just think it looks cuter...??)  Anyway - Brynn heard me and said "take a picture of me wif no teef!"  HA!  (That's the picture below..)



We went out with Ryan's parents and again with my parents later...I think our neighbors probably already think we are crazy!  (Yes, we know NOTHING has changed in a couple of hours...HA!)


When we got there on Sunday they had pretty much finished digging the basement and flattened out the backyard!




It is SO CRAZY what our lot looks like just two days after they started digging!  We can't believe this is really happening and are just so excited!

1 comment: