Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Emory - 3 MONTHS!

This past Saturday, December 14, Emory turned 3 MONTHS OLD!  That makes her officially out of the newborn stage!  WHOA!  


At 3 months...
  • I truthfully don't know how much she weighs right now.  I guess we will see next month at her four month check-up.  I DO know that the baby carrier feels a lot heavier now than a couple of months ago!  HA!
  • She is wearing size one diapers.  She can't really fit in any newborn clothes anymore.  She wears mostly just long-sleeve onesies with little pants...most of the stuff is 3 month.
  • Nursing is going GREAT!  She nurses about 15 minutes on a side, and almost always keeps her eyes closed (I guess she naps??) while she nurses.
  • She is in the middle of her second cold...oh the joys of older siblings!
  • She is typically awake for about an hour and a half before she takes a nap, although that includes nursing for half an hour, and she always seems "asleep" during that time.
  • A pretty average daily schedule is something like this...
    • 7:00-7:30 - wake up (or me wake her up).  Nurse, play, etc.
    • 9:00 - Nap
    • 10:30 - Nurse/Awake
    • 12:00 - Nap
    • 1:30 - Nurse/Awake
    • 3:00 - Nap
    • 4:30 - Nurse/Awake
    • 6:00 - Nap...she never sleeps much longer than about 45 minutes.
    • 7:00 - Nurse/Awake
    • 8:30 - Bedtime
    • 10:00 - Dreamfeed (I get her up and nurse before putting her down for the night).  She's in bed by about 10:45.
  • She is such a smiley little thing and so content when she's awake.  She loves to "talk" and coo and it is the sweetest little thing.
  • She's "found" her hands and arms and is mesmerized by them.  Lately she has been trying to stick her entire fist into her mouth!  
  • We run errands a lot while she's asleep.  I swaddle her and put her in the car-seat and she goes right out, or I grab her out of bed while she's sleeping and put her in the car-seat.  
  • We swaddle her for all her naps and at night.  She goes down awake for every nap (well...sometimes in the evenings she still has trouble and we put her in the swing) but for the most part she does great at knowing "it's nap time."  
Here are a few pictures from her little 3 month "photo shoot."  =)



For some reason this angle reminds me SO MUCH of my baby pictures!





I definitely still have moments where Emory is laying there and all of a sudden I think "whoa...I have a picture of Brynn that looks JUST like that!"  BUT...I also am starting to see differences.  I think Emory looks a lot more like me as a baby than Brynn did.  Actually there have been several times I've said I think she resembles my sister as a baby even more than me.  

Below is a picture of Brynn at 3 months.

Brynn at 3 months
I asked my mom to find one of my baby pictures at around 3 months.  She sent me a picture of me and one of my sister.  I think Emory has more of my eyes and more of my sister's nose? (That's me on the top, and my sister on the bottom, and Emory on the side).  And Mom...what is Lindsey wearing in her picture?  HA!  I think it looks like shoulder pads...LOL!
HAPPY 3 MONTHS TO OUR SWEET, SMILEY EMORY-BUG!

No comments:

Post a Comment