Monday, August 26, 2013

A Few Updates...

A few random updates...


  • Yesterday I was officially 36 weeks!  WOW!  This pregnancy has FLOWN BY...but I feel like I'm starting to hit the wall.  I get up about 3 times a night to use the bathroom, I just CANNOT get comfortable at night (even though it feels like an Olympic sport to roll over, I feel like I do it ALL NIGHT), and I'm just feeling SO TIRED.  YUCK!  The hardest part is that I want to soak up every last second with Brynn, so even though I want to just sit, I feel like I'm expending all my energy to play with her and enjoy this time.  She loves to say "mommy, wanna play wif me?" or "Mommy, watch dis wif me!"  Who could say no to that?  I just have to try not to fall asleep if we watch Dora!  HA!  This Friday I start my weekly appointments.  WHOA!
  • I think some of my exhaustion has come because of our transition to school last week.  Whew...that WORE ME OUT.  Those three days I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off...I know the first couple of weeks of school will be like that (and mostly because I'm trying to get everyone's paperwork, learn what I'm doing, etc.) but the funny thing is that I feel like once I finally get the swing of things at church, it will be time to have the baby!  HA!  Thankfully, I am really enjoying it, but just realizing that I have to slow down sometimes and take a little break!
  • As far as school goes, Brynn did MUCH BETTER the second two days.  She took a NAP (can everyone say "Praise the Lord!") on both Wednesday and Thursday!  YAY!  And because she only sleeps probably an hour or an hour and a half on those days, then the days at home (like Friday and all weekend) she took some GREAT naps, which helped me out!  I know I needed my nap BAD!  She also didn't cry like the first day.  I think it helped that one of her best little friends from church goes to Footprints on Wednesday, so she spent the day playing with her.  
  • I DID have my first "emotional break-down" (ha!) on Friday.  I think it was just a combination of being so tired plus just that realization of how much life is about to change.  I know it will be WONDERFUL AND AMAZING to welcome Emory into our family, and I honestly CANNOT wait...but I know it is normal to worry about things like how Brynn is going to adjust, how our family and schedule will adjust to accommodate a newborn,etc.  
  • On a POSITIVE note, we had a GREAT weekend, just relaxing and hanging out as a family.  Emory's room has pretty much been done for awhile, but we just had a few little things (like hanging up her monitor, moving a few things around, etc.)  I will post pictures in the next couple of days! YAY!
  • FOOTBALL IS BACK!  All day Saturday there were college football programs on TV, and we had them on as we were working and playing.  SO EXCITING!  I don't know if Mizzou will be any good this year, but oh well.  We will still cheer them on and just enjoy watching all the games on TV!  YAY!

1 comment: