Friday, August 9, 2013

33 Week Update

This past Sunday I was officially at 33 weeks!  


I know that is a crazy picture, but Ryan wasn't home to take one and I figured this poor child needed a belly shot more than just once every five weeks or so!  =)

How I'm feeling...


  • I have gained about 24 pounds at this point.
  • Sleep is so-so.  I tend to get really "congested" or I guess everything (including my nostrils??) gets slightly swollen, so I've been sleeping in breathe-right strips for the last 15 weeks...I'm super attractive at night, I know Ryan.  =)  I have nights where I wake up at like 4 am and just can't get comfy and I come out to the couch to try to go back to sleep.
  • I have been having MAJOR Braxton-Hicks contractions for the last couple of weeks or so.  My doctor (and my friend Kristal who is my go-to for all things pregnancy related) said it's no big deal, but I can tell they occur when I'm really active (like on vacation, if I'm in a cleaning frenzy, etc.) So I just try to take it easy and drink even more water than normal, especially when I have a bunch right together.
  • Unlike last time, I have some major vein issues, especially on my upper thighs.  I'm hoping they go away after this baby is born!
  • I have super strong calf cramps almost every morning at like 5 am...weird!
  • I do tend to get "warmer" more than usual, but we've had a super mild summer, so I can't complain.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to be pregnant during a summer where EVERY day is in the 100's...yikes!
  • At my last appointment, I told my OB about the really annoying, stinging feeling I get every day that's below my right boob, kind of in the gall bladder area.  I had it with Brynn too.  It's worse after I eat, especially if I can't stretch out and I'm in a sitting position.  My doctor ran labs to make sure there weren't any issues with my liver or gall bladder, and there aren't.  I'm hoping that just like with Brynn, it goes away after she's born.  That's probably the MOST annoying symptom right now.
  • Obviously, those are all the annoying, negative things I'm feeling, but overall I CANNOT COMPLAIN.  I feel Emory kicking and moving around, and I just don't want to ever take for granted what a miracle being pregnant is, and how blessed I am to be her mommy!  Even though pregnancy can definitely have it's downsides (and I'm tending to notice them more and more as I get closer and closer to her due date..ha!) I wouldn't want it any other way.
  • I am so thankful for a healthy pregnancy so far, and ask that you would continue to pray for us as we head down the home stretch.  Please pray for a safe and healthy delivery!

No comments:

Post a Comment