Saturday, July 20, 2013

Nashville - Sunday Edition

Sunday morning we all got up and hung out and then we packed up all of our stuff.  Then we all headed to Centennial Park in downtown Nashville to walk around, play, etc.  There were some REALLY cool little playground that Brynn had a lot of fun playing on, but I didn't take any pictures.  =(  

Then we walked over to the "Parthenon" recreation that's in Centennial Park.  The inside wasn't open yet, but we had fun walking around it.  Brynn kept calling it "Booty's Castle" (Sleeping Beauty, that is.) 







This is what happens when I let these two use my camera...



"So big mommy!"


Then we walked over to the pond and attempted to feed the ducks.  =)




And then this happened...I felt a "raindrop" hit my back, but I knew it wasn't raining so I said "guys...WHAT THE HECK JUST FELL ON MY BACK?"



True love...thanks for cleaning me off Ryan!
If you ask Brynn what happened to Mommy's back, she will STILL (a week later) tell you that a bird "poo poo'd" on it.  HA!

Around lunchtime we headed out and drove back to good old Missouri.  We had such a great visit and I am so thankful for my sister and how close we are!  (And Curt we love you so much too!)

We grabbed some lunch pretty soon after we got on the road, and about half an hour later Brynn was OUT.  The child who seriously only naps for like 45 minutes in the car, SLEPT FROM CLARKSVILLE, TN to CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO!  Guess she was WORN OUT!  We also think we figured out how she has been sleeping longer in the car...blanket and a couple of toys over her, turn off her DVD player once she falls asleep, and when she does "wake up" (aka open her eyes for a few minutes) just don't turn around and talk to her, and she will go back to sleep.  (We used to just keep her DVD player on and I think if she ever opened her eyes she saw her movie and perked up.)  HALLELUJAH!

Nothing sweeter!

No comments:

Post a Comment