Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July Baking

On Tuesday we did a little baking for the Fourth of July.  We made red, white, and blue cupcakes and then made a cherry pie!  I LOVE cooking and baking, and LOVE LOVE LOVE having my little helper in the kitchen with me!  Such special little memories...even if it takes twice as long and we make twice the mess!
And sorry for the picture overload...





Of course we had to add some sprinkles to the batter...


While the cupcakes were in the oven we started on the cherry pie...Ryan is always SO AMAZED when I make a pie, but the truth is that my "pie recipe" is the easiest thing in the ENTIRE WORLD!  I seriously buy a box of two pie crusts and two cans of pie filling...whatever flavor I'm in the mood for.  Someday I have high aspirations for making a pie from scratch, the crusts and the filling, but for now...my two ingredient pie will do just fine!

She has yet to figure out how to open a can with a can opener, but she likes to try every time.


I think the thing that impresses Ryan is that the top of the pie looks pretty cool...all I do is take the top crust and cut it in strips with a pizza cutter...then lay them out on the top.


My helper had a little meltdown because I wouldn't let her eat one of the long strips....
 But of course getting to eat a little strip and cut some of the crust made everything better...

Yes, I let my child play with a pizza cutter today...

Lovely....
But she spit it out because it really isn't that tasty until it's cooked.

No one has to know that Martha Stewart didn't make this!  HA!
 Later that day we iced our cupcakes.  Ryan was home and Brynn wanted him to help too.  Do I even need to remind you that he will NOT be wearing a shirt in this picture?  He had just got done mowing the lawn, but he probably wouldn't have had one on anyway...Erika told me she hopes she draws his name for Christmas so she can buy him some shirts!  HA!  I doubt he would wear them Erika, but it's a good thought..





I think she ate more icing than she put on the cupcakes....
 Oh, and she wanted everyone to wear their aprons!





She ate most of the icing off this cupcake, so she had to put some more on it!  HA!




Daddy and Brynn's cupcakes...


HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

1 comment:

  1. I love the close up of Ryan with Brynn cheesin' away in the background. So cute!

    ReplyDelete