Friday, July 5, 2013

Monday - Doctor, Party, Doctor

Monday was a busy, crazy day!  I had my 28-week glucose test at the doctor at around 10:00, so we got up and had scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast (I was NOT eating any carbs and taking the chance of failing the glucose test...you guys know I do NOT like getting my blood drawn so I was trying my best to avoid failing the one-hour test and having to do the three-hour ordeal!)

We have officially reached television watching stage...she will easily sit through an episode of Dora
or Micky Mouse Clubhouse.  We ate our "cheesy eggs" together while watching Dora!



So around 9:00 I had to drink my lovely sugar drink.  I know some people think it's gross, but I just think it tastes like sugary orange soda...not bad.  I'd drink 10 of those if it meant I didn't have to get my blood drawn!

Heading to the doctor...
Since my OB's office is in the same building as the gym (and the gym daycare) and we are members of the gym, I can take Brynn to the gym daycare anytime I have a doctor's appointment.  Brynn loves going there and loves "Mrs. Marie", the lady who runs it, so it works out well.  I got up to my appointment and got my blood drawn (no passing out on my part...it wasn't too bad!) and then I had to come out and wait until my OB appointment.  About half an hour later I got called back for my OB appointment, which went fine.  I got some answers about some interesting new pregnancy "side effects" I've been having (that even NON-modest me won't go into on the blog! HA!) and we listened to the baby's heartbeat.  My doctor thought I was measuring just a tad small, so she ordered another ultra-sound.  (It was at this appointment last pregnancy that she thought I was measuring a tad small and had me do another ultra-sound).  I wasn't too worried about it, but it meant that I had to come back later that day!  Oh, and of course AFTER they took my blood pressure (which was good) she told me I needed a shot.  She said they purposely told me that AFTER they took my blood pressure because they know I hate needles.  Aggghhh....

At 2:00 my niece Ansley had her fourth birthday party at the water park.  It had been a little rainy, and was only like 75 degrees...so literally the ONLY people at Cape Splash were the kids and parents for her party. The kids didn't seem to care that it was FREEZING!  They had a BLAST and it was so much fun!  I forgot my good camera, but snapped a bunch of pics on my phone.



Ryan couldn't go to the party because of work, but Uncle Jason came to the rescue
and took Brynn into the water when she asked me.  I didn't even wear my suit because
it was so cold!  THANK YOU UNCLE JASON!


Pamaw with Brynn and Charli
As a party favor, Ansley came around and gave everyone new goggles!  Brynn's were pink and purple with Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck...PERFECT!!!  She LOVES them and now we have to wear them in the bath at night!  HA!  What is it about goggles that is hilarious and absolutely adorable!

TOO CUTE AND HILARIOUS!



Then the kids took a break from the water and had cupcakes and ice cream...some of the ones that had gone all the way under the water were barely able to hold their ice cream spoon because they were shivering so bad!  Who would have thought that a party on July 1 would be that cold!  Brynn stayed nice and toasty in her Ariel towel!



Opening her presents!
The whole way home she was asking me if she could sleep with her goggles during naptime!

I put Brynn down for a late nap around 3:30 and my dad came over and sat at the house while I ran back to the doctor for my ultra-sound.  It went just fine, and just like last pregnancy the baby is measuring just right, but supposedly I have a "longer torso" which makes my belly not seem quite as big because I have more room up and down for the baby to grow in?  (Something like that...)  Baby girl (I DO enjoy having the gender confirmed a second time) was measuring about two pounds, ten ounces, which is about the 56th percentile.  Then I ran home and since Brynn was still asleep I had a second to sit down and catch my breath!  WHEW!  She got up around 5:15 and then we started supper together.  We made this DELICIOUS chicken and pasta dish I found on pinterest...it was YUMMY!

Grandma - I had to take a picture because I felt like I was you while I was making this...I had to dredge my chicken in flour, then put it in milk and cover it with crushed cornflakes...then fry it.  Thought you'd be so proud!  HA!


Brynn is a pretty good helper in the kitchen...she wanted to help me put the chicken in the flour, put it in the milk, and even coat it in the cornflakes.  I think we have a future chef on our hands!

She wanted to wear her PJ's during naptime, and I think she wore them the rest of the night!  HA!
 After supper we showed her some of the pictures from the ultrasound...

"Hiiiiii Emmy!"

Giving baby Emory a kiss!
Monday was a crazy busy day, but so thankful for good news at the doctor and thankful to be celebrating a fourth birthday with our beautiful niece!

No comments:

Post a Comment