Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Week Before School Starts

Our friend's little girl Cameron came over on Monday night to hang out while her parents took her big brother Alex to kindergarten Back to School night. The girls had so much fun playing together and then we all headed to the park to soak up the last couple of times before school would start.




I start back a couple of weeks before the kids, and the girls had to get up pretty early to head to Nonna's house.  Emory was so ZONKED when I went in to get her up.  Normally, even if she's asleep she just pops right up, but she was OUT one morning.  I guess that's what happens when you are used to sleeping until 9, and mommy wakes you up at 7:15...yikes!


We had to get the girls school supplies for our Footprints Back to School night and Brynn and I went together and had so much fun picking everything out.  I love getting school supplies and I think Brynn is going to be no different...


She was just like how I used to be...she wanted to lay everything out and get all the bags ready, etc. 


The girls and I headed out for a hike one day...they did really good.  We don't get a whole lot of mileage in =) but the girls LOVE looking for bugs and butterflies, and looking at all the leaves and trees, etc.


 I was explaining to Brynn about how to count the age of the tree and she kept saying "it's gotta be older than Grandpa!"  HA!


 Emory actually walked more than she has on pretty much any other hike.  Progress!


The girls went to Nonna's all week while Chasidy (my boss) and I worked on Back to School stuff.  Nonna has just been the BIGGEST BLESSING to us.  She watched me when I was little, and she still keeps teachers kids.  Both my girls have been her full-time "babies" but now they will both be with me full-time (our preschool runs Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays) so I won't see Nonna every week like I'm used to.  I know we will still stop by just to visit with all the sweet kids and their moms (who I will miss!)  But it was a bittersweet day on Thursday when I knew we wouldn't be seeing her nearly as much as we have the last several years.  We love you Nonna!



No comments:

Post a Comment