Friday, August 21, 2015

Randoms =)

I've been reading the book "The Nesting Place" by the blogger "The Nester" (it was a house warming gift from our family friend Lisa and it IS AWESOME...if you need an idea for a housewarming gift or a book for someone who likes decorating, this is a great idea.)  It's all about how she designs and decorates her house and about hospitality, etc. It's just so good.  Anyway - I've been reading it and of course it gives me the design itch.  There are still lots of places in our house that are bare or we just threw old stuff on and I want to eventually do something fun and new there.  One of those places was in our bedroom across from our bed.  We literally had a tv sitting on the dresser and that was it and it drove me nuts.  Ryan doesn't always like my design "itch" because it costs him moolah so I set out to Goodwill to just see what I could do.  I came home with this...(I bought a couple of pictures just for the frames...they were like 50 cents.  I'm sure the cashier was like "what?"  And of course Emory loved the picture when I took it out of the frame, so that picture is now up in her closet I think!  HA!)


I got out some other things we already had, filled some old frames with burlap (and I'd love to put old black and whites of our grandparents on their wedding day in those...hint hint grandma!), and a day later...had this.  I've added a few more things to it but I really like it and it's coming together. And it's so much more fun to look at than the bare wall.  And I think I spent like 11 bucks at Goodwill.


Soaking up the last few days of summer at the Water Park...


This picture is out of order but I told Emory and Brynn that Ebby Lee was coming to visit and this is the face Emory made...priceless!  We love you Slaughters!


And then there's her hair...anyone have any suggestions or know how Einstein fixed his?



We went to Discovery Playhouse...


and soaked in our last visit with Ebby Lee, Nixon, and Bowen before they left to head back to Texas...




Brynn helped with some cookies...=)


and I made some engagement cookies for the boy I went to my high school Farewell Freshman dance with!  HA!  Congrats Whit! (Yes, he and I had the same name).  Full circle moment...that dance was 16 years ago.  WHOA.


1 comment:

  1. Well Emory's hair took me back several years to Debs. I would sit and make up stories about Mousey Brown partying her hair to get her to sit still. It was so thick and so curly. Keep up the decorating, we all love it you know.

    ReplyDelete