Monday, August 17, 2015

"Family Reunion" Weekend

At the very beginning of August we had a very special weekend with some of my very very favorite people!  My cousin Erika (most of you probably know her and she has a popular blog but I'm technologically challenged and I don't know how to link to it...ha!) planned her annual summer road trip to Missouri with her family!  Her mom and my mom are sisters, and my Aunt Tina lives in a small town about 45 minutes away.  We had so much fun going out there to grill out, hang out, swim, and visit!

Since Erika was coming a bunch of our extended family also planned to come.  My mom's other sister, my Aunt Gina, and her whole crew came and stayed with my grandma, and my sister came in town too!  WOOHOO!  

Lindsey got there super late Thursday night, so on Friday morning we headed over to my mom's and the "big girls" got to go get our nails done!  Thank you for treating us to pedicures mom!  It was so fun!





We pretty much hung out ALL DAY LONG and that evening we ate and then were heading over to my parents neighbors pool that they were taking care of.  The girls wanted to get in but didn't have their suits, so we just let them get in...in their birthday suits.  Ryan borrowed a pair of my Dad's swim shorts, and then all of a sudden my mom JUMPS IN WITH HER CLOTHES ON!  Just to be crazy and fun I guess?  It was a hilarious moment to say the least...HA!


Saturday morning we got up and headed to Zalma to Aunt Tina's house (or as the kids call her...T-Nonnie's house).  Brynn and Ebby Lee wasted NO TIME heading to the pool!






I have to say...my cousin's have all married well, and my awesome cousin Ty married a keeper...Morgan!  Well Morgan and Erika decided we needed a fun game...I heard someone suggested a wiffle-ball tournament, but I think those two nixed wiffle-ball in favor of washers.  =)  We set up a big tournament bracket and Erika was drawing names for teams.  (The fam still clains I rigged the bracket...but that's not true. I can't help it that Marshall and I were so talented we made it to the championship round!  HA!)  I was merely trying to have the more athletic teams play the less athletic teams the first round, so that we'd have some great match-ups in the semis! HA!



Bring on the washers!




These two were a little more interested in swimming than in watching...






Who would have thought that my mom and Tori would beat Ty and Tab?? HA!  Those two had a friendly argument (it was a joke...the picture kind of makes them look like they were really mad!  HA!) about their humiliating loss...HA!







My grandpa is A STUD at washers!  Go Pawpaw!


Marshall and I VS. Lindsey and Uncle Bruce for the championship...



We lost really bad!  But we still had lots of fun..



You know it wouldn't be a family function without a show by the kids...


And then Boo took these kiddos for a 4-wheeler ride!  I think they were in heaven =)


Ryan, my cousin Ty, and Erika's hubby Tab...love these guys!


So thankful for an amazing family and getting to spend time with them! LOVE YOU GUYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment