Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Easter cookie Pre-order

The week we were off from school for Easter Break I did a RATHER LARGE Easter cookie pre-order.  I figured since we were off from school I'd just be crazy and I did about 50 dozen cookies...over 600 cookies.  CRAZY!  

I made 30 batches of dough (that's NOT real fun) and then I baked on Monday.  I borrowed cookie sheets from friends/family and baked for a couple of hours while my girls napped, and then baked the rest of the cookies after the girls went to bed that night.  On Tuesday we took the girls to the zoo and I took the day off and just decided to have Wednesday be an insane day of icing.  

On Wednesday my girls went to Pam's during the day and my mom came over and helped.  I made icing for a couple of hours in the morning, and then about 9 am I started basing all the cookies..




Lots of icing...


And tubs full of cookies...


My mom is the best kind of help...free labor.  HA!  We had a lot of fun together!  She had a meeting that morning but she was able to come over and help flood some of the cookies!









We stopped for lunch around 1:30 and by that time the cookies were all based.  Then around 2 I started going back and adding the finishing details.  The cookies dried overnight and I started boxing them up for people to pick up on Thursday morning.




WHEW!  Busy couple of days, but definitely thankful for a creative outlet and a great little side job!

2 comments:

  1. You are just phenomenal. Those cookies look delicious and I know they are. I love your professional descriptions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look amazing but I won't lie, I felt sympathy tiredness from reading all that work you did!

    ReplyDelete