Saturday, January 17, 2015

Christmas Eve

Ryan had to work half a day on Christmas Eve...the girls and I did a little grocery shopping for all of our "Christmas" food.  Then we stopped by and visited Ryan's grandma (we call her Gigi) and wished her a Merry Christmas Eve, and stopped by my parents to deliver an "old-fashioned Christmas bag" to my Dad.  He is always telling us about how on Christmas Eve they would get a special Christmas bag, and that's pretty much all they got, other than maybe a plaid shirt or new underwear.  =)  The bag had an apple, an orange, some peppermints, and some chocolate.  He is always talking about how things were so much simpler back then, and how he loved that "old-fashioned Christmas bag" so we made him some!  =)  

But first, to start the day, I got this DANDY of a picture sent to me.  =)  This was our fam back around 1993...THIS IS AWESOME.  I seriously have NO WORDS!



My shopping buddies for the morning.  =)  Sometimes we are a HOT MESS in the store (insert Emory yelling "nana" until we just pick up a bunch of bananas and let her start eating one in the middle of Wal-Mart) but I just LOVE my crazy girls to pieces and I am SO BLESSED to have these two.  These are the sweet little moments I will remember and cherish SO MUCH!  

 Emory wanted to eat everything from Grandpa's special treat bag.




Later that night we headed to our church Christmas Eve service.  At 15 months old, Emory is at a very squirmy stage, so I spent half the service hanging out with her in the Fellowship Hall.  I always love seeing so many friends with their little ones walking the hallways too.  =)  Our pastor always reads the Christmas story and has a special time with all the kids.


Brynn and Ebby Lee headed up together.



Bowen was really looking intently at some girl...HA!


At the end of the service we lit candles and sang Silent Night.





Our girls...Christmas Eve 2014.  =)  Brynn-3 1/2 Emory - 15 months



We headed over to my mom's house to have our annual Christmas Eve Get-Together...I didn't take ONE picture!  But it was so fun all visiting together.  Us "adult kids" even got to sit in the dining room WITHOUT kids and all visit together!  After the party, we headed home to read our final Advent book, and then we set out milk and cookies for Santa.





We had to say bye to Elfie because we knew she'd head back to the North Pole with Santa that night.  It was a little sad saying bye to our friend.




After the girls went to bed, Ryan and I watched a Hallmark Christmas movie (we did that A LOT this December...yes, Ryan watched them with me.  Actually, he would start watching the movie and was usually asleep within twenty minutes, but it was still something fun we did together!)

No comments:

Post a Comment