Friday, September 12, 2014

REDHAWKS FOOTBALL HAS BEGUN!

It's no secret that we LOVE football in our family...probably me more than anyone.  But Ryan loves it too, and we are passing on our love of football to the girls.  We headed to a Redhawks Scrimmage back in August one Saturday morning...


Brynn LOVES her Hello Kitty Redhawks shirt!


And then a couple of weeks ago SEMO had their first home game.  They have a new coach this year, who I think is going to be great!  His little girl comes to our church preschool so we've gotten to know his wife.  They are doing so much in our community and are starting lots of fun new traditions for the football team...I'm thinking good things are in store for the Redhawks!  WOOHOO!


One of the new traditions is called Redhawk Walk (similar to the big schools whose players walk into the stadium...people cheering and high-fiving them, etc.) Ryan was still at work (it was at 4 on a Thursday) but I took the girls and we went with my Dad, who was already going to be there for Chain Crew stuff.  It was super hot, but we had such a good time watching people tailgating and cheering on the team!

Brynn thought it was a little bright...


While we were watching the Redhawk Walk, the TV camera comes over.  I immediately hide (ha!) and Brynn was standing over by me, but my Dad was holding Emory and they made the news!  =)



And then that night around 6:30 we had KICKOFF!  There is just something about nighttime football and going to the games that makes me so happy!


My dad was working at the game, but my mom went with us.  Thank goodness!  Brynn could sit and watch and be fine, but Emory is good for about one quarter before her squaking begins...HA!  We only stayed for the first half (and then Brynn loves to watch the band the flag-girls) but by then it was time to head out.  THANK YOU MOM for helping "nanny" at the game!  HA!  And she snapped this cute family picture!


HAPPY FOOTBALL SEASON!

No comments:

Post a Comment