Monday, September 8, 2014

Praying Over Our New House

The new house is chugging along...we still probably won't be ready to move in until mid-October or even early November, but we know it will be worth the wait!

Something we've talked about for quite awhile is going out to the new house and praying Scripture over each of the rooms. (Let me back up..when I was in elementary school our church built a new building.  We had a prayer service over the new church while it was still in the building stage.  The floor of the big sanctuary was still just concrete and they invited everyone to come up and write scripture on the floors and pray over the new building.  That always stuck out to me, and even now I could go to the part of the church where our family wrote that Scripture.)  

We've been praying for our new house for a long time...I guess even back to when we prayed that God would help us find a place to build our house, and then led us to our subdivision.  More than anything I want our house to be a place where when you walk in the front door you know that it is a home where people love and serve the Lord and try to honor Him in everything.  We picked out a couple of Scriptures for each room and took the girls out to the house and wrote them on the floors.  

Here are the Scriptures we chose for our house...I'm going to type them out because I want to be able to read them from our blog book in the future.    


Heading inside to start...and just remember that we had two girls scribbling on the floor (Brynn) and squawking (Emory) the whole time, so don't imagine anything too reverent and peaceful.  HA!  But I think the main thing is God knows the intent of our hearts.  And I pray that it would leave an impression on the girls and remind us in each room of our home what we have prayed for.


Brynn had a little supper outside on the deck...



We had already picked out the Scriptures for each room, so I would say it out loud and Ryan would look it up on his phone and read it (with this bird-brain attached) and I'd write it on the floor.  Brynn would draw pictures or scribbles or shout "hey, I just made a B for Brynn!" HA!


Foyer
Joshua 24:15 - But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.


Dining room
Hebrews 13:2 - Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
1 Peter 4:9 - Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.


Kitchen
Matthew 6:11 - Give us today our daily bread.
Deuteronomy 8:3 - He humbled you, causing you to hunger, and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the Lord.



Great Room
Phil 4:4 - Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again: rejoice!
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."
Psalm 68:1 - May God arise, may His enemies be scattered; may His foes flee before Him.
Exodus 14:14 - The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.



Master Bedroom/Master Bath
1 Corinthians 13 - LOVE chapter
Romans 15:13 - May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Proverbs 31:25 - She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.





Laundry Room
Colossians 3:23-24 - Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Matthew 23:26 - Blind Pharisee!  First clean the inside of the cup and dish, and then the outside also will be clean.
Mud Room
Numbers 6:24-25 - The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you.  The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace.



Girls Rooms
1 Peter 3:3-4 - Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
Psalm 139:14 - I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Phil. 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.
Zeph. 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you, the mighty warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.
Proverbs 31:25 - She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.




Upstairs Landing
John 13:34 - A new command I give you:  Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Psalm 56:3 - What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.


 Random picture looking in the girls bathroom. =)



It was a special evening with the girls and something I'm really glad we did.  For some reason just writing them out and saying them made them stick in my mind more.  When I walk through the house now I can remember all those verses.  And our contractor even asked us the other day what all that was for.  =)  So thankful we were able to do this!

6 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful idea! Love your new house, Whitney. I'm sure you will have many blessings and memories in this home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea!! You new house is going to be beautiful and worth the wait! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! Brynn looks so adorable on the deck. Looks like she was enjoying her fries and the view. Hahah! Anyway, I'm so happy for you and the whole family. The house looks amazing! I bet everyone is thrilled to move in soon. I'll be praying with you for the house, Whitney. I'm sure everything will turn out well. All the best! :)

    Lydia Piscioneri @ Credit Group

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea, Whit! Reminds me of the Sunday School song, "the wise man build his house upon the rock." Ha! The house is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a beautiful and peaceful home you are building for yourselves. My husband and I built our home and we have been only thrilled with it for the past 10 years. At first I was nervous but we knew what we wanted the next 50 years of our lives to look like so it made designing it simple.

    Jacqueline @ Buyer's Option Realty Services

    ReplyDelete