Monday, September 22, 2014

FAIR DAY - Monday

A couple of weeks ago was the annual SEMO District Fair.  It just seems like it kicks off fall...the air was a little cooler (at least a couple of days) and we had a great time going to check out the animals and experience the good old fair!

On Monday morning the girls and I were out running errands and decided to stop by for an hour or so before lunch.  We walked through the animals and looked at some of the exhibits.  It was so fun!




The roosters and chickens were so loud...Brynn was standing at the edge of the tent!  HA!


My mom entered one of her embroidered Christmas stockings in the fair (that feels hilarious typing that...hello 1960!)  We were trying to find it and when we did it had a BLUE RIBBON!  It was hilarious...Brynn kept saying "I WON!  I WON!"  HAHA!


Later that day my dad was off work and when the girls got up from naps we decided to go walk around with Grandpa.  One of my favorite childhood memories is going to the fair with my dad.  Since he grew up on a farm he would always walk around with us and tell us about when he was a little boy.  I wanted my girls to experience that too!

I told Brynn we were heading back to the fair and this is what she put on...HILARIOUS!



Grandpa had lots of fun telling the girls about the tractors...




When we walked through some of the cows, they were milking them.  We got an interesting lesson from one of the dairy farmers about how they milk the cows and got to watch them empty one of the buckets.  WHOA is all I can say...



My dad loves to get pork burgers at the fair, so the girls got treated to a pork burger from Grandpa!



Thanks Grandpa for a fun day at the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment