Saturday, September 6, 2014

Labor Day

We had a fun and low-key Labor Day.  I'm not one for sleeping in, so I got up and was working in the kitchen.  Brynn got up and came out to help.  We made this "crock-pot" chocolate molten cake and it was SO GOOD!  (One of the teachers at school had made it the week before and I was begging for the recipe!)



She loves to help me measure and pour out the ingredients and she's pretty good!


And she colored while I finished the rest (oh and she ate some batter too!)



I think this was the best she's ever colored in the lines before!  I was so impressed!  She said she wanted to take this to T-Nonnie's house (my aunt) later that day.


Ryan and Emory finally got up and I headed to Zumba at the gym with some girlfriends (I'll spare you pictures of that!  HA!) When I got back we all got ready.  We stopped by a furniture store having a huge Labor Day sale (woohoo!) and then headed to Zalma to my aunt's house.



Look at Brynn's progress...holy cow, is that MY child in the pool without someone holding on to her?  It's a Labor Day miracle!  HA!  She and Ryan were racing from one end to the other.




Emory got all dried off and of course got to play with her PawPaw!





Her new "thing" is you can ask her to give you a kiss...she will open her whole mouth and basically try to "eat" you, but it's pretty cute!






After yummy lunch and more playing, we put Emory down for a nap.  Brynn and Camden watched a movie for a little bit.  (Well actually I think Camden was TRYING to watch a movie but Brynn kept talking to him and trying to "play" and I don't think he really got to watch much of it. =)  But then they played together so well the whole afternoon and I got to play cards with Kelly, my grandparents, and my mom and my aunt.  




Camden and Brynn got a lesson in how to play "war" and memory.



Do I even need to mention the fact that Brynn had to change into her gown?  I'm sure you all aren't surprised...



We headed home after Emory woke up and came back and had a pretty low-key night.  We headed out to see the new house and just relaxed and hung out.  HAPPY LABOR DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment