Monday, April 28, 2014

Some more Easter fun....(Saturday morning)

These pictures are from the day before Easter.  This post is out of order because I was attempting to put all my iPhone pictures on my computer...I THINK these are less blurry?  

Saturday morning, my sister and I ran 10 miles...our last long run as part of our training for our half-marathon.  After our run, Ryan brought the girls over to my moms and we had a big brunch and an Easter egg hunt!  SO FUN!



Emory sits in the high chair and eats her puffs and melts so good...she could sit there for quite awhile if we just keep adding some to the tray.  (I'd be lying if I didn't say that's so nice...helps us sit at the table and not really rush eating as much!  WOOHOO!)


While we were finishing eating, Brynn was busy passing out Easter baskets to everyone.






My mom hid some smaller eggs for Brynn, and then some bigger eggs for the "big kids."  HA!  I seriously LOVE doing this...we have so much fun racing around the yard.  And there was some serious cash at stake...Lindsey and Curt had gotten a speeding ticket on their way to my parents house for Easter.  So my mom added $20's to three of the eggs...there were already a few $5's and $10's!  So not only was the title of "best egg hunter" at stake...but some serious moolah too!  And for the record....I needed to defend my title.  I think I've won the last couple of years, not that I'm bragging or anything.  HA!


We watched Brynn do some of her eggs and cheered her on, and then she kept hunting while we started.









Toward the end we knew there were 20 eggs hidden but when we were all yelling out how many we had, we knew there was one left.  And we couldn't find it ANYWHERE!  So the hunt continued for another ten minutes until yours truly found it!  WOOHOO!  And YEP...kept my title intact!  Super-star egg hunter over here!  Linz came in second, followed by Ryan and then Curt.  (Curt thinks he's a little too cool for egg hunts, to which my sister was screaming "CURT...WE NEED THE $20'S....START RUNNING AROUND!"  And Curt yells back "I am not running around your parents backyard like a dork!"  HA!  It was hilarious!)


Then it was time to all sit around and open the eggs and find out what was inside!


Funniest part of the egg hunt was that I happened to find 7 eggs...and of those 7 eggs I found ALL THREE OF THE $20'S!  HA!  I was a nice sister and gave Lindsey one to put toward the speeding ticket.  The others went with me to Target for a little spring shopping...HA!


My mom puts scriptures in with the eggs.  Curt told us he was focusing on that part more than the money!  HA!   Way to go Curt...



And of course in the middle of all of that, Brynn needed to check Emory's diaper.  "NOPE, not poopy mommy!"  Gee thanks Brynn...I'm sure Emory appreciates you checking for her!  HA!


And I can't remember if I posted these pictures or not.  These next couple are from my grandparents house on Easter Sunday.




Hope everyone had a GREAT Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Great fun! Can't wait to see you all.
    Have I told you I hate word verification???????????

    ReplyDelete