Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter Festivities - Sunday

On Easter morning we got the girls up and had breakfast.  We had a couple LITTLE gifts for the girls...a board book for Emory and a book and a spring pattern game for Brynn.




We got ready and we were EARLY to church!  I couldn't wait to take a little family picture, but somebody wasn't feeling it...


Church was so good!  The place was full of people celebrating what Easter is all about.  It is hard to even fathom how much God loves us to send His One and Only Son to die for us.  But like we told the preschool Sunday School class we teach...the awesome thing is that the story doesn't end there!  Jesus rose again 3 days later, and like they kept saying..."HE'S ALIVE!"  =)

After church we headed to my moms house for a quick lunch.   Brynn was in a much better mood and we attempted some family pictures....


Ryan said Emory's bow was so big she probably couldn't hold her head up...HA!  They only came in one size! And I don't know if we ever got a really good family shot...but we attempted. =)



My sister tried to take some pictures of the girls.  I don't know how professional photographers do it...





Emory was SO interested in the grass...



My dad grilled burgers and brats and we ate outside.  It was SO NICE!


After eating and playing outside, we headed inside for some Easter basket treats!




We headed home for naps and then headed to Oran to my grandparents house.  Kelly and Jared and the boys weren't there because the boys were sick (boo!) so Brynn did a little egg hunt by herself.








Then my grandparents told us there was an adult Easter egg hunt in the front yard...even my parents and Uncle Bruce and Aunt Tina got in on the fun!

Clearly my grandpa was excited about giving the directions.  HA!  Actually...I think he pulled the "on your mark, get set, WAIT I DIDN'T say go yet" trick!  HA!






Brynn is REALLY into "helping" Emory and wanting Emory to sit in her lap...almost where we are like "okay, Brynn, give her a break!" HA!  But she loves her so much!



The weather was BEAUTIFUL so we headed outside to ride around the block in my grandpa's golf cart (the town is so small people drive them around town instead of cars sometimes).  And then we had a silly string fight!








Emory LOVES her Pawpaw!  (And I think he's pretty smitten with her too!)




I don't really know what's up with my crazy hair!
HAPPY EASTER!!!!  What a great day celebrating our RISEN SAVIOR!


No comments:

Post a Comment