Friday, April 18, 2014

DC Day 3 - Last Day


So my cousin Erika told me that if I plug my phone into the computer and load my pictures THAT way, then they will turn out much clearer!  THANK YOU ERIKA!  How did I not know that?  I am major technologically challenged.  But all that to say...I had already put these pictures on here so that isn't going to happen yet...HA!  But the next time I get ready to post pictures from my phone I'm going to try that.  =)

Sunday was our last day sightseeing in DC.  I didn't take many pictures, but the main thing we did was take a bus tour where we could hop on and off and we could ride it ALL over the city.  The company we used had like four different colored routes, so you could literally get ANYWHERE you wanted.  The only downside was that DC was CRAZY CROWDED this weekend, so getting on and waiting in line was a little hectic, and Jason MAY have told off a 10 year old for trying to cut in line!  HA!

This was one of the most fun and best things we could have done!  If anyone goes to DC soon, I would really recommend doing a bus tour like this on your very first day.  You get a great lay of the land, and will get an idea of so many of the things you want to see.  (Who knew they had an American Indian museum in DC?  I had no idea...but going on the tour they will tell you about all of the million things you COULD do and allow you to stop at any of those places).

Not sure why I'd want to plug my phone in and make this picture any clearer...HA!
This is us on the bus...we sat on the top and it was GLORIOUS as my mom would say!  Great weather, great scenery, and lots of history (thanks to my Dad I am a HISTORY NERD...LOVE IT!)



Not sure why I took this?  To prove that we were on the bus?
Or that there were other people on the bus with us?  HA!






We got on and off several times, and even ate lunch (from a food vendor) by the Washington Monument. We just sat in the grass and soaked in the gorgeous weather!  We even got to see one of the Bandermann's very close family friends who was in DC.  (Actually, I said hi and then had to hang out in a bathroom stall at the Museum of American History to pump...loads of fun!)

Later that night we had a late dinner and said good-bye.  Monday we got up and took the Metro to the airport and flew home.  We got back around 4 and couldn't WAIT to see the girls!  (Of course my mom took a billion pictures of all the fun things they did, so I'll post those soon.  And maybe I'll even attempt to put those on the computer first so they aren't so grainy!)

1 comment:

  1. OKay, let the record state. Keeping Up with the Bandermanns is a perfect name for your blog. I am out of breath trying to keep up with you sitting in my chair!!!!!

    ReplyDelete