Friday, March 7, 2014

Camden's Cookies

A couple weekends ago we celebrated Camden's birthday.  I told Kelly that I would make some cookies for Camden's party...(I am wanting to get practice and I can't just make them and practice at my house with no where to take them or I'd gain 20 pounds in cookies!  HA!)  She was like "ooo yeah, and we can put them in cute bags and give them as favors!"  I told her she might have MAJORLY over-estimated my abilities, but I would try.  While the girls were napping, I got my icing ready and got to work.  The party was "Avenger" themed (and since I have girls and not boys, I didn't know who the Avengers were...I learned it's Hulk, Captain America, etc.)  So I found some ideas on Pinterest and attempted...

Everything I need...the cookies, icing, my phone, and the baby monitor...HA!
They turned out pretty good...I think my favorites were the Hulk faces!

I was sending Kelly "text" updates throughout the decorating.



And I did some number fives in the colors of the characters...


When Brynn got up from naptime she wanted to help.  I usually let her play with the leftover icing and I had a couple of extra cookies so she loves to go to town!


At one point I was finishing up the last cookie and I guess I said "be really careful and DO NOT bump Mommy's arm while I'm finishing.  She goes "okay."  And then after I got done she picked up one of her cookies to decorate and starting "piping" the icing.  She says "mommy, DO NOT bump my arm, okay?  I decorating!"  HA!


The next day we helped Kelly bag the cookies and I wish I would have taken a picture but they turned out really cute!  She said Camden LOVED them, which was the best part!

The party was at LeBounce so Brynn had a BLAST and Emory got some snuggle time with Granny and Pawpaw and Boo and T-Nonnie!

Background for anyone who is new to reading or doesn't know why my grandparents would be at my friend Kelly's little boy's birthday...Kelly and I have been friends since we were like three years old.  You know the kind of friend you are so close to that they go with you to your grandparents house when you are growing up and they know your relatives, etc.  Well fast forward to about three or four years ago when Kelly and Jared (who have "known of" each other since Kelly was pretty little, hanging out with me at my grandparents house) hit it off and started dating and ended up GETTING MARRIED!!! So not only am I going to Camden's party as one of his mom's friends, but also because he's now FAMILY!  Pretty cool!  I still have those "moments" during Christmas or Thanksgiving when I see Kelly at my grandparents and think "this is just the craziest, coolest thing!"


Sweet cousins (or second cousins? I don't know what you call your child and your cousin's child?)


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAMDEN!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, God works in mysterious ways, and is good all the time!

    ReplyDelete