Saturday, November 24, 2012

My Little Black Friday Shopper!


Yesterday morning my mom and I decided to head to the mall (in Cape) and enjoy the hustle and bustle of Black Friday.  Before Brynn was born and when Lindsey wasn't married yet and was still home for all the holidays, we always went to St. Louis on Black Friday. My grandparents usually went, along with my cousin Erika and Aunt Tina.  To this day when certain songs (especially that one that says "simply, having, a wonderful Christmas time") come on the Christmas radio station I vividly picture myself in Express looking through racks of clothes...isn't it funny what our minds think of!!  Anyway - we haven't gone in a couple of years, but I still love shopping in the craziness.  So mom and I went and had lots of fun getting some great deals (some for some of my family that is reading this!  HA!)  Anyway - we took Brynn along and she was too funny I couldn't help but snap some pictures.  Everyone walking around had bags, so I guess she thought she needed one too!




I found this little car outside Barnes and Nobel...wish I would have had this the WHOLE TIME!  Shopping with a busy toddler is definitely not very easy.  We were looking at some perfume and cologne and Brynn was all over the place...then my stroller fell over from the weight of the bags hanging off of it.  Then Brynn pooped...I looked at my mom, started laughing, and said "And you wanted us to take Brynn with us to St. Louis to shop?"  HAHA!  But it was still really really fun!  And I'm thankful for a mom who is so helpful and such a good sport about everything.


The highlight of the day?  Guess who was at the mall?  Brynn's new favorite person...SANTA!  She can find Santa anywhere...in books, on ornaments, on TV, and now at the mall!  I wasn't going to pay $23 for her to walk up and get her picture taken, but Grandma insisted!  HA!  Brynn saw him as we were going to change her diaper and he waved at her.  She kept saying "hi-eee" and "Santa" (tan-ta).  So after the diaper change we walked over and she walked under the little "tunnel" all by herself and walked right up to him.  She got a little shy on his lap, but she smiled really big AT him (but NOT at the camera lady!).  When he asked her what she wanted for Christmas she kept saying "choo choo"....she has been saying that anytime we ask her what she wants for Christmas!


I just took a picture of this on my phone, and I can't get it to turn around...but you get the idea!  Santa gave her a sucker so now when we ask her about Santa she keeps saying "candy!" HA!

I just love the hustle and bustle of the holiday season!!

1 comment:

  1. Brynn is blessed with good grandparents. That is a true blessing you know! Loved the Santa pix(even though I had to turn my computer upside down)lol Glad you all had fun. I know you miss Linz, but we are happy to have her here.

    ReplyDelete